• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me your most memorable experience at a game in BOA

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, CWalker4205 said:

Mine was actually the same game! I am stationed in DC but have been a Panthers fan since we got the team. I do a lot of volunteer work with the USO up here and was able to get hooked up with the USO in NC for their salute to service game. I was able to have a cookout with other service members before the game, then hang out on the field during warm-ups. I was only able to bring one person on the field with me so my son and I got to meet Stuart Scott, Steve Young, and the rest of the MNF crew, and also being a WFU fan since birth, it was also a highlight to spend 15 minutes talking to Ricky Proehl on the sidelines after he went through Steve Smith's warm-up routine. Before the game, all of the service members got to march onto the field and re-enlist in our respective branches, followed by  saluting for the national anthem, and getting high fives from all the players as we jogged off. It wasn't until we got to the elevator that I found out that my 6 year old son was on the sideline hanging out with Charles Johnson and one of the refs the whole time who happened to give him his NFL lapel pin that he still has in his room. Topping that off with one of the most exciting endings to a game I have ever seen will be a memory that I will never forget. Probably one of the most memorable nights of my life, and I was glad to be able to share it with my Mom, Wife, 2 yr old son (who just stared at the cheerleaders the whole time)  and my 6 yr old son. The Panthers organization was outstanding to all of us, even though only 2 of the 40 or so of us were actually fans of the team, JR and Bob Kraft even made it a point to come over and talk to us. 

Awesome story, thanks for your service!

Who was at the 2009 cowboys night game? Place was out of hand. 

Otherwise, i had season tickets twice. Smittys useless but epic td against houston in 2008.

Cams first home game

2013 against the giants, palardy came over and fist bumped me.

2004 mnf opener where smitty broke his leg

Rams opener this year it was hot crowd was lit and front row 

This:

Going into this game, Dallas had won 10 of their last 11 playoff games, including 3 Super Bowls.

The loss to the Panthers in this game started a skid that saw the Cowboys lose the next 6 of 7 playoff games, the first win being 2009, some 12 years after losing in Charlotte.

Weirdly enough, for me, it's a pre-season game.

Seeing the Panthers / Bears in the first ever game at BOA in 1996 was incredibly exciting. It felt like we finally had "our" team, and just enjoying that brand new stadium for the first time was a real treat.

And it was real close to my birthday, so it was just a tornado of fun. :tongue:

15 hours ago, ncfan said:

The Saints monsoon game to clinch the South and a 3 year run of winning the division.

Prior to then as well, our fan base had the rep of being fair weather.  That whole week on here, on local sports radio, news paper, etc.  Called out the fans to step up depited calling for a freezing cold monsoon.

Been a PSL owner for 15 years. This is my number one by far. I was up to my knees in water.

Monday Night Football vs. the Bucs on 11/13/06. Smitty went off. 8 catches for 149 yards and a TD. His TD came in the endzone where we were sitting. He smoked the CB straight down the sideline to catch a bomb. At first I thought Jake had overthrown him by a mile. He ended up having to come to a near complete stop to wait on the ball. That dude was FAST.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Monday Night Football vs. the Bucs on 11/13/06. Smitty went off. 8 catches for 149 yards and a TD. His TD came in the endzone where we were sitting. He smoked the CB straight down the sideline to catch a bomb. At first I thought Jake had overthrown him by a mile. He ended up having to come to a near complete stop to wait on the ball. That dude was FAST.

We would've had our second straight winning season that year if the dumbass coaches didn't call a pass play on first and goal at the Philly 1. Fullback dive and we're 9-7. Fade route, 8-8.

Not sure, 2nd or 3rd season. Raiders were here, and we were killing them. Went out on the concourse to smoke a cig, there was a Raiders fan out there with the works on- pads with spikes on them, face paint, some kind of animal skull for a hat. Dude was huge. I'm like "What's up?', he grunted a little. Watching the little tv out there, they threw an INT, I yelled "WOOHOOO!!!", and he looked at me like I was a bug. He mumbled something and walked off.

Archived