• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No sporting events now until .....

bababoey

I have been looking forward toward the draft since the end of the NFL season.  To me it's the highlight of the off season.  But now you have no sports or sporting events at all to look forward to until, well idk.  When do you think we will get any kind of sporting event back to normal and will it be the NBA, MLB, what?  I don't mean HORSE on ESPN I mean a real game with actual players.

Waiting GIF

NFL time unless we see a big redux in the virus. I expect life to be returning to normal in about 6 weeks(ya, even LA and NYC) but that doesn’t mean large gatherings will be allowed. We might see championships this summer for NBA and NHL but I don’t see baseball being played this year unless they modify it to a round robin elimination playoff thing.

2 hours ago, bababoey said:

I have been looking forward toward the draft since the end of the NFL season.  To me it's the highlight of the off season.  But now you have no sports or sporting events at all to look forward to until, well idk.  When do you think we will get any kind of sporting event back to normal and will it be the NBA, MLB, what?  I don't mean HORSE on ESPN I mean a real game with actual players.

Waiting GIF

golf is the best sport for all this BS, hope youre a fan. I heard it will be the first sport for normal events. If youre dying watch some old games, NFL had them for free last week. 

paineentenajr-nflpol-2.png

4 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Not to turn this thread super political but with how close the NFL is to the current administration If the wheels can be greased in any way to get games started  on time they will be

The NFL is on the most conservative major sports leagues

It's the least partisan fan base.

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

paineentenajr-nflpol-2.png

It's the least partisan fan base.

A fan base isn't a representation of the ideas the management and owners have...those 32 owners plus Goodell are highly conservative its why they have it so good with Trump now compared to the NBA

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

NASCAR wants to run darlington and Charlotte with no fans in may

and pga wants to play golf with no fans in june

Can’t see rookie camps in May....Training camps in July?

We are going to need to quarantine for three day training or mini camps. Isolated teams tested before during and after. 

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The UFC has an event planned for May 8th.

With no fans but that’s very doable.

I really hope that the NFL doesn't cancel this season, but I won't be shocked if a 2nd wave of Coronavirus expected in the fall causes them to join the rest of the sports leagues in cancelling 2020.  I really hope that they don't, fingers crossed.  I need my NFL!

I didn't want to be a downer in the middle of the draft but since just about every credible expert is saying that

A) there will almost certainly be some significant second round of the virus in the fall and 

B) 12-18 months is the most optimistic timetable anyone is even remotely willing to offer on a vaccine

it seems likely that games without fans in the stadiums is probably about the best we can hope for. I'd say with the information available now cancellation is at least a coin flip and could be much more likely than that. Depressing but there it is.

Archived