• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rona Dranks

kungfoodude

We are winos and had over 500 bottles in our "cellar."  Had is the key word.  About 75 of them are now empties.  Mostly California reds, the majority Pinot Noirs.  Our favorite of those is from Papapietro Perry, although Landmark is also in that mix. 

Aside from that, there are a couple of empty Hacienda gin bottles.  Smoothest gin I have ever had, and I am a gin drinker.  It is a potato gin.

Various Tequilas have joined that mix.  Mrs. Schultz has sample a vodka or two.  Add a few regional stouts and it rounds out the casualties.

18 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

2 years now, no booze. Never felt better.

Cheers! Seriously, though. Good for you. My wifey quit. I cut WAAAAAY back. I can literally count on my fingers the number of drinks I've had since COVID started. When I drink, I'm drinking Simpler Times from TraJo, because it's $5 for a 6-pack, at a rate of a can a week.

I've kept the weight about the same. But I'm still about 50 pounds less than when we were drinkin' like fish (November 2018).

In other news, looking for something to do, I dug out my old Warhammer 40k minis and started painting again. Had to buy a magnifying headset, because brother my eyesight ain't what it was when I was 16.

And I was thinking recently, I bought a $7 paint for my minis and was deliberating because I thought it cost too much. Then I thought, "Cap, that's what you used to spend on a happy hour beer that you'd piss out an hour later! And you'd never even give it a second thought. That paint's gonna last you for months and give you a lot more entertainment."

Cutting back on drinking really puts things in perspective for you. Stay strong, buddy!

I've had one large bottle of Maker's Mark and about a six pack a week during the pandemic, but that has honestly been more about my new position at work than the virus. I am working my way back down to mostly just the occasional beer as I get settled in to the new job. I quit drinking heavily years ago cause I got tired of waking up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my...

you get the idea.

6 hours ago, Captroop said:

Cheers! Seriously, though. Good for you. My wifey quit. I cut WAAAAAY back. I can literally count on my fingers the number of drinks I've had since COVID started. When I drink, I'm drinking Simpler Times from TraJo, because it's $5 for a 6-pack, at a rate of a can a week.

I've kept the weight about the same. But I'm still about 50 pounds less than when we were drinkin' like fish (November 2018).

In other news, looking for something to do, I dug out my old Warhammer 40k minis and started painting again. Had to buy a magnifying headset, because brother my eyesight ain't what it was when I was 16.

And I was thinking recently, I bought a $7 paint for my minis and was deliberating because I thought it cost too much. Then I thought, "Cap, that's what you used to spend on a happy hour beer that you'd piss out an hour later! And you'd never even give it a second thought. That paint's gonna last you for months and give you a lot more entertainment."

Cutting back on drinking really puts things in perspective for you. Stay strong, buddy!

I have worked in one of the biggest COVID blooms in the state of Michigan and I firmly believe that keeping a permanent BAC level has made my body intolerable to this virus.

It's science.

Archived