• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston

Devil Doc

I was reading some of Tre Boston Tweets, and he mentioned something along the lines of it is not worth it for him to play football just for our entertainment. I think he was talking more along the lines of protection from players, but it seems he is not on board to playing. I wonder how many other players feel the same way? He also mentioned there is talks about if they do not play, do they still get paid this year. 

I always have to chuckle when professional athletes talk about doing it for "our entertainment" as if it's some type of charitable effort. Let's be real, they do it for a poo ton of money.

I don't think football is played this year. As for pay, who knows? Not sure what the CBA might say about something like this or if the NFL carries any type of insurance that night cover this type of situation.

38 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I was reading some of Tre Boston Tweets, and he mentioned something along the lines of it is not worth it for him to play football just for our entertainment. I think he was talking more along the lines of protection from players, but it seems he is not on board to playing. I wonder how many other players feel the same way? He also mentioned there is talks about if they do not play, do they still get paid this year. 

if they don't play they don't get paid and they also don't accumulate another season on their contract

He was also mentioning the UNC Players that have tested positive as not being worth it because they do not get paid. ( Boston is an UNC Grad) However, he also mentioned the Entertainment thing.. I am confused? I can understand College players not getting paid to play football, but the NFL pays you Millions to play. Alot of us go to work everyday, expose to this Virus, we are not being paid Millions to do it. 

The NFL already said they are withholding 33% of the players pay this year if the league doesnt happen this year. Also, players contracts are written pay check for game. So really, players will only earn their signing/yearly bonuses, gauranteed money and other stipulations within their contract.

also, I think its evident that the NFL is waiting to see how the NBA playoffs work out before pushing forward with aggression. Even the GMs of teams have said they have no idea what the plan is.

18 minutes ago, t96 said:

They obviously should not get paid if they don’t play. How many regular people in regular jobs get paid to not work? Players can collect unemployment benefits if they’d like.

The NFL already said they are withholding 33% of the players pay this year if the league doesnt happen this year. Also, players contracts are written pay check per game. So really, players will only earn their signing/yearly bonuses, gauranteed money and other stipulations within their contract.

also, I think its evident that the NFL is waiting to see how the NBA playoffs work out before pushing forward with aggression. Even the GMs of teams have said they have no idea what the plan is.

Boston is a very intelligent and bright young man. He has a very prestigious UNC degree and if wanted to, could be very successful in other areas. I applaud him speaking out.  North Carolina produces very astute young men and women. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Boston is a very intelligent and bright young man. He has a very prestigious UNC degree and if wanted to, could be very successful in other areas. I applaud him speaking out.  North Carolina produces very astute young men and women. 

Did I say anything about him not being Smart? 

My son went to UNC and he and Boston were buddies.  (photo of him with Tre at OTA during Tre's rookie season).  He said that Tre is not all about football--he is intelligent, funny, and well-rounded.  FWIW.  My son said that Boston is an average player at best, but would be a good team representative.  He is very politically-aware--and that was before the current political situation. 

11357214_10204483292191391_752160747499411830_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=RJGdLK8jVqwAX_8J6cv&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=bbd4259e25860845e9090b2af6ee31b1&oe=5F2C3929

Archived