• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Panthers - Trevor Lawrence

mrcompletely11

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If the Panthers can string together some wins later this year they will buy another year to see what Teddy can do. If not, they will draft a qb. Either way, it will work itself out. 

Winning cures all ills. Thats all fans really care about. 

How many wins are we talking? I’ve seen this team keep players, coaches, front office employees around purely based off a few meaningless wins toward the end of the season when the season was already lost. 

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If the Panthers can string together some wins later this year they will buy another year to see what Teddy can do. If not, they will draft a qb. Either way, it will work itself out. 

Winning cures all ills. Thats all fans really care about. 

It's really hard though to trust that Teddy can be our long term franchise QB, even with some wins later this year and a decent showing next year. If he can't be that then we really need to start looking for that guy sooner rather than later. Lawrence/Fields/Lance is a golden opportunity this year, can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. So even if we do wind up drafting like 10th overall or something we need to get one of these top QBs this year, even if it requires a trade up. I still think Lawrence is pretty likely and it's hard not to be excited about the prospects of him in a Panthers jersey. He would bring this team back to relevance for fans quicker than anyone else could, especially Bridgewater.

23 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I really like Lawrence’s height and intangibles. However, I am not sold on him being a generational QB. I know it is the Clemson love, but not every great college QB will be a great NFL QB. On the right team I think Trevor could be a good QB, other teams not so much, particularly teams with a porous defense (like us). Same goes for Sam Howell, who could be too short to play QB in the NFL.

So Brees, Wilson and Murray are yoo short?

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Lawrence is not a generational player but will still be a very good QB and one of the easiest #1 picks a team could ever make.

He absolutely has the tools to be one. His ceiling is as good as it gets. Doesn’t mean he will or won’t because nothing is guaranteed but he’ll be graded as high as any QB since Luck came out and maybe higher than him.

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

I really like Lawrence’s height and intangibles. However, I am not sold on him being a generational QB. I know it is the Clemson love, but not every great college QB will be a great NFL QB. On the right team I think Trevor could be a good QB, other teams not so much, particularly teams with a porous defense (like us). Same goes for Sam Howell, who could be too short to play QB in the NFL.

Where do you get this from? I'm in SEC country and it's most definitely understood he is the clear cut #1 college QB and a generational talent. 

Archived