• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would Trading Shaq to Seahawks Be An Option?

Soul Rebel

'Hawks are in win-now mode and have a window to get a ring or two. Irvin and Blair just went down for the year with injuries this past weekend. After trading for Adams and the style of defense that is run, would Shaq be a move that we could capitalize on?

Shaq played at UW as well, so it's kinda like bringing home a local kid....even though he's actually from Sacramento. 

For us, we can take a mulligan on Hurney's overpaying and probably maximize Shaq's return due to the situation Seattle is in. 

I would hate to see a young talented player go somewhere else and be the player we thought he would be here.

The elephant in the room for me is figuring out if Shaq can be "the man" like we envisioned, or is he better as a complimentary player that looked good in a unit with Luke and TD. 

It would also deplete the hell out of our already struggling linebacking corps and we would have to double-dip in '21 to make up for it. Our LBs have looked god awful outside of Chinn. Now, I do think if we would've added a LB like Littleton or we draft Parsons or Moses in 2021, Shaq could be back to who we think he is. 

This move would be more about remedying a Hurney overpay and maybe getting a shiny asset and open up cap space moving forward. 

Seahawks don't have a 1st round picks in the 2021 or 2022 draft or a 3rd rounder in 2021. So your best bet is they would maybe give up a 2nd rounder which would be very late in the round since they're likely a playoff team. With who we have drafting, do you trust that we would be able to patch up another hole this would leave with a late 2nd rounder?

Just now, X-Clown said:

Seahawks don't have a 1st round picks in the 2021 or 2022 draft or a 3rd rounder in 2021. So your best bet is they would maybe give up a 2nd rounder which would be very late in the round since they're likely a playoff team. With who we have drafting, do you trust that we would be able to patch up another hole this would leave with a late 2nd rounder?

A 2nd? For an overpaid LB. when they just drafted a similar player(Brooks) and still have Wagner and Wright. That’s delusional. 

51 minutes ago, Toomers said:

A 2nd? For an overpaid LB. when they just drafted a similar player(Brooks) and still have Wagner and Wright. That’s delusional. 

I didn't say I think they'd get it, I said at best....for this hypothetical scenario the OP brought forth that doesn't make sense for either side

Archived