• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy will never be good enough" crowd

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tired of the irrational Teddy hate that happens on this board daily.

i think the reason you're taking heat is there was zero outcry by the MFCEO about the irrational cam hate that took place daily for eight years despite the fact that he was unequivocally a better player. so the defense of teddy feels really hollow

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Much of it is perfectly rational skepticism. Reality is the guy has 2 seasons years ago and those were not stellar. It is completely fair to be skeptical, particularly after the first couple of games this year. 

Teddy will continue building a book of work in Carolina and that will tell the story. For now, this type of threqd is just petty and short-sighted, as is an 'OMG Teddy (or any other relatively unproven player) sucks' thread after a bad game.

For myself, I've said before that I will be the first to eat crow once something is actually proven, specifically he proves to be more than another Alex Smith in terms of winning the big games. That day is far from arrived.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus dude nobody hates him.  We just see his limitations.  Why not just enjoy the win instead of planting your flag?

He was high on Teddy, other people argued it. He is just backing his view on one of our players. This is what message boards are for. It’s kind of crazy he has to defend the Panther’s qb to other Panther’s fans....

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Can't really argue that they don't. Not sure if it's because CMC is out or they are coming out of the preseason in actuality.

I thought it was a pretty objective statement. The same was true last year after KA took over for 5 games. 

It doesn't mean it will hold up, but it's refreshing. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Don't let these haters get to you. This is a Carolina Panthers board we're suppose to be rooting for our guys to succeed. Not talking out of our ass about how somebody sucks when its the quite the opposite in reality. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Don't let these haters get to you. This is a Carolina Panthers board we're suppose to be rooting for our guys to succeed. Not talking out of our ass about how somebody sucks when its the quite the opposite in reality. 

He’s on pace for 16 TDs and 12 INTs. Not saying he’s awful but this isn’t above average either. 

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

That’s the same crowd saying we should trade Burns, calling Brown a bust, saying we look better without CMC, Etc. 

I don’t think Teddy is good enough, still don’t, and have literally never said any of those other things you mentioned. Someone having an opinion on one player has nothing to do with the rest. 

Most of you looking stupid as usual. 

Teddy had a helluva game. Those 2 3rd down throws to Samuel were huge! Teddy also checked out of a run at the very last second to the screen to Bonnafon which was a huge gain. 

Teddy is so smart and throws with timing and accuracy. Teddy even showed off some of that shake we haven’t seen since Minny. 

3rd year QB on a great upward trajectory 

Archived