• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy will never be good enough" crowd

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus dude nobody hates him.  We just see his limitations.  Why not just enjoy the win instead of planting your flag?

This thread is warranted. At least it furthers the discussion right? There are those certain teddy will never amount to anything above average and those that are optimistic. I think we can at least agree that the former has been dominating the topic lately. This game at least challenges the position of the former. Personally, this game says more about our coaches than anything. Joe Brady was brilliant. 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Most of you looking stupid as usual. 

Teddy had a helluva game. Those 2 3rd down throws to Samuel were huge! Teddy also checked out of a run at the very last second to the screen to Bonnafon which was a huge gain. 

Teddy is so smart and throws with timing and accuracy. Teddy even showed off some of that shake we haven’t seen since Minny. 

3rd year QB on a great upward trajectory 

is anyone saying he didn't have a good game? i was impressed and think it's a good sign moving forward 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s on pace for 16 TDs and 12 INTs. Not saying he’s awful but this isn’t above average either. 

And odds are that the offense will continue to gel and improve overall as well. Question then becomes does 24 or so TDs, which is already nearly double his best year so far, get it done if there isn't a defense to keep pace?

This is a multi-year assessment. One year is an indicator and one game means little.

5 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I don’t think Teddy is good enough, still don’t, and have literally never said any of those other things you mentioned. Someone having an opinion on one player has nothing to do with the rest. 

My point was that the “Teddy will never be good enough” crowd overreacts like the other posters listed. Good for you for having an opinion. It’s like mine...it does not matter much. 

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

And odds are that the offense will continue to gel and improve overall as well. Question then becomes does 24 or so TDs, which is already nearly double his best year so far, get it done if there isn't a defense to keep pace?

This is a multi-year assessment. One year is an indicator and one game means little.

I don’t disagree with that assessment if he gets to the 25 area. Just pointing out that putting him in the above average, to good, to great, to elite area is all far too soon. His current numbers would be what you expect from a very conservative rookie. Minshew has way less talent around him in Jacksonville, even last year, and to me is the above average to good area. His numbers trounce Teddy. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t disagree with that assessment if he gets to the 25 area. Just pointing out that putting him in the above average, to good, to great, to elite area is all far too soon. His current numbers would be what you expect from a very conservative rookie. Minshew has way less talent around him in Jacksonville, even last year, and to me is the above average to good area. His numbers trounce Teddy. 

I'm right there with you. 

Archived