• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m beginning to get convinced

t96

Going into the season I didn’t think there was a chance Teddy could actually be our franchise QB and in our long term plans past this contract. But man he fits this offense perfectly and can run it as well as anyone. Not 100% sold yet but pretty damn close. 20/27 for 261 yards and 2 TDs at halftime... I know it’s the Falcons but that is an ELITE stat line. He passes the eye test too. Real fuging deal baby, I’m so pumped!

Just now, t96 said:

Going into the season I didn’t think there was a chance Teddy could actually be our franchise QB and in our long term plans past this contract. But man he fits this offense perfectly and can run it as well as anyone. Not 100% sold yet but pretty damn close. 20/27 for 261 yards and 2 TDs at halftime... I know it’s the Falcons but that is an ELITE stat line. He passes the eye test too. Real fuging deal baby, I’m so pumped!

You have any room on that wagon?

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

To me he's in there with Jake as a QB, he's a guy that middle of the road starter, maybe a little better a few years, but not that top flight guy.

And I'm fine with that strategy if it means we can spend moneys elsewhere and keep hitting on drafts. It's enough to get to the SB where anything can happen.

It doesn't matter if you join early or late. But if you wait the ride is shorter and who knows how long it might last but today, right now, it is pretty damn exciting. That is all I do these days, stay in the present since that is all I can control. But damn that was a great win .

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy looks great when the scheme is working and guys are getting open underneath or intermediate depth and he can hit them in stride for YAC. That's what he is as a QB.  You have to keep the game in his wheelhouse.

Exactly he is what he is but in this scheme that is pretty damn good lately. Imagine when McCaffrey comes back. Davis is looking very Jonathan Stewart these days. Great team win

He's better than I thought for sure.  But he's still limited, and when the game plan isn't working I still don't think he's the type of QB who can adjust and put the team on his back (based on what we've seen).  I mean he had what, 50 yards in the 2nd half? 1st half was beautiful thanks to YAC, but when we need a QB to make plays as opposed to our WRs making them?  Jury is still out there iMO.

8 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

He's better than I thought for sure.  But he's still limited, and when the game plan isn't working I still don't think he's the type of QB who can adjust and put the team on his back (based on what we've seen).  I mean he had what, 50 yards in the 2nd half? 1st half was beautiful thanks to YAC, but when we need a QB to make plays as opposed to our WRs making them?  Jury is still out there iMO.

Falcons dominated ToP in the second half for the most part. Teddy could've been better but he didn't have much opportunities, and was great on the last game-sealing drive.

Just now, t96 said:

Falcons dominated ToP in the second half for the most part. Teddy could've been better but he didn't have much opportunities, and was great on the last game-sealing drive.

I dunno man. He had two easy passes and a 2 yard scramble. He was fine, and critically (and unlike the opposing QB) he did not make costly mistakes.  But missing Moore... He really needs to get on the same page with DJ.  This offense is going to be insane if he does.

Archived