• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy is more than good enough" crowd

KSpan

Aaron Rodgers was pressured all day and look how he played. Very similar game stats as Teddy. Not implying Teddy is near Aaron’s level, but just showing even the best QBs struggle with constant pressure, especially if just the front 4 can generate it.

13 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

I'm implying that Teddy will be ok. It actually was not all his fault that we lost. There was a ton of mistakes made. We still could've won this game. It never was out of reach and they will learn from this game.

I’m not a Teddy hater like a lot on here . He is what he is . And if you know football you know what his ceiling is . I just wanted to make sure what you meant . Even after this game i still think Teddy can take us to the playoffs if we click. But fans are seeing what we all been knew . Teddy can’t win you games on his own . But he won’t lose em either . Today I’ll have to say he lost it . 4th down throw to wide out dj 

last drive to tie . One pass and it’s a pick . That’s on Teddy dawg 

2 hours ago, Malt Liquor said:

I'm implying that Teddy will be ok. It actually was not all his fault that we lost. There was a ton of mistakes made. We still could've won this game. It never was out of reach and they will learn from this game.

Bwahahahahaha. He was the exact reason we loss. He threw that terrible intercept. He failed when he could have proven us doubters wrong. He proved he isn’t a franchise QB and he is always going to hold this team back. 

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

To the guy you were replying to, the reason he has to prove he can single-handedly win games is because the guy he succeeded did just that with a lot less until he was run into the ground by the previous staff.  So knowing we HAD a franchise QB who could do that, many naturally expect that from our franchise QB.

As far what you replied with, mav, I agree.  And I'd add, people using Rodgers to defend Teddy is a non-starter.  Rodgers is a proven winner and a guy who has won games by putting his team on his back time and time again.  As you said, he had a 12/0 TD/INT ratio going into today.  Teddy was playing efficiently the last 3 weeks, but as stupid as it may sound, he was not reason we won any of those games.  He did his job in getting it to the playmakers at an efficient clip, but that's it.  He hasn't shown the ability to hit the throws that truly matter when the game is on the line and the receiver can't take a slant or drag and break off a 50+ yarder or scramble for a first down when we have no other options.  Guys like Rodgers throw receivers into TDs, they don't depend on their playmakers to bust the play open themselves.  It's two different styles of QB, and yes, every QB can and does have a bad game or two a season.  But, as I've said elsewhere, when you are a game manager, your margin for error is much, much slimmer than dynamic guys who throw/run their teams to victory on their backs.

My hyperbolic thread titles may undermine my standing on Teddy, but I maintain I've been a fan of his since college from afar.  But that doesn't mean I ever thought he was a franchise QB.  He's still an easy guy to pull for as a human being and a leader...  but, I have always thought he is what we saw and what we are seeing on the field - at best, a highly efficient game manager who is somewhere in the middle to high lower third of starting NFL QBs.  

Great post 

4 hours ago, raz said:

i think dj and curtis switched hands.  that and some dumb penalties and 2nd and 3rd string rb's aside, we're not real good, but we're not bad,

DJ has been struggling all season. He had three drops(leading the team) coming into this game. I was arguing with someone in here this week about this. DJ is struggling this season. 

We need him to figure it out.

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Joe Brady thinks he can make him into a franchise QB.

Anonymous huddler says no way.

I think I'll wait and see if Brady can.

Joe Brady thinks he can be a franchise QB the same way Rivera thought Legadu Naanee could be a starting WR. They were both brought in because of system familiarity, not as long term answers. 

Archived