• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn is named defensive rookie of the month

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed, but I'll take it a step further...  I think he is the best pick in the entire draft.

Justin Herbert has been absolutely disgusting since he took the playing field. I can’t think of many people who thought he was “ready” right now and somehow he is outplaying most of the good QBs. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Justin Herbert has been absolutely disgusting since he took the playing field. I can’t think of many people who thought he was “ready” right now and somehow he is outplaying most of the good QBs. 

Yeah, I honestly did not think he would amount to much in the pros, but I was obviously wrong lol.  He's the only player I would really consider in the running over Chinn at this point.  At the very least, we have the best defensive player from the draft.

In pleasantly surprised he's getting the national recognition he deserves. He didn't even get so much as an honorable mention from Bill Barnwell in his quarter season awards for defensive rookie of the year. He could use some more splash plays to keep himself in the national radar but he's every bit deserving of strong consideration. Winfield is good competition though. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'm probably the last person to learn this but Steve Atwater is Chinn's uncle. They are the identical size.

At least the second to last. I didn't know.

Good genes to have. Atwater is a hall of famer. I remember he used to knock people into next week. One hit from him seriously altered the course of Christian Okoye's career.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Good genes to have. Atwater is a hall of famer. I remember he used to knock people into next week. One hit from him seriously altered the course of Christian Okoye's career.

When you think of Steve Atwater, that is the tackle that instantly comes to mind. 250lb Okoye at full steam through a A gap hole was absolutely stuffed! Knocked on his backside!

But Jeremy is the shining light of our draft class this year. And he's living up to his uncle's reputation for a rookie. He's filling in as a Thomas Davis clone.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember that hit. Okoye might not. 

it's so wild how Jeremy Chinn is the player that they were projecting Simmons from Clemson to be, but the big school bias overwhelmed the combine measurements. Chinn is a ball hawk and it makes me curious where we're going to be more efficient slotting him for the future. I almost believe he's too valuable to be playing centerfield and providing help over the top. You want this kind of guy to be sideline to sideline just getting his nose into everything. He's so fast and such a sure tackler that you need him in that 1st or 2nd level and that feels like a long term linebacker to me. They'll keep him on the Thomas Davis plan until he bulks up too much to take snaps as a safety. 

Archived