• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule will always have this team ready to play

Mage

That loss sucked.  But this game just sealed what I was already beginning to think... Matt Rhule is always gonna have this team ready to play.

Think about all the times under Rivera where this team, which was usually FAR more talented than this team (outside of WR and RB, and I suppose OL... sometimes), got the hell beat out of them.  And we'd write it off as just a down game.

This team doesn't do that.  Against the defending Super Bowl champs, a team that has clobbered plenty of teams with more talent than us (ie the Ravens), we took them to the limit.  We easily could have won that game.

Yeah, we made mistakes.  Probably should have went for the 2 point conversion.  But we shouldn't have even been in this game.  

Matt Rhule is a great head coach.  And this game more than anything has convinced me we have a VERY bright future.

EDIT - And to add... we did this in ARROWHEAD.  One of the hardest stadiums to play in any sport.  This was the case even before KC was good.  Their fans are great, and probably were a big reason why we couldn't get the play off in time.  This was such a great performance in my eyes.

This is actually my favorite loss so far. Team showed nothing but fight, against the SB champs. We’re seeing some individuals show that they’re for real. Franklin really impressed. We’ve also gained ground on a great pick. Feel nothing but good after this.

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

That loss sucked.  But this game just sealed what I was already beginning to think... Matt Rhule is always gonna have this team ready to play.

Think about all the times under Rivera where this team, which was usually FAR more talented than this team (outside of WR and RB, and I suppose OL... sometimes), got the hell beat out of them.  And we'd write it off as just a down game.

This team doesn't do that.  Against the defending Super Bowl champs, a team that has clobbered plenty of teams with more talent than us (ie the Ravens), we took them to the limit.  We easily could have won that game.

Yeah, we made mistakes.  Probably should have went for the 2 point conversion.  But we shouldn't have even been in this game.  

Matt Rhule is a great head coach.  And this game more than anything has convinced me we have a VERY bright future.

EDIT - And to add... we did this in ARROWHEAD.  One of the hardest stadiums to play in any sport.  This was the case even before KC was good.  Their fans are great, and probably were a big reason why we couldn't get the play off in time.  This was such a great performance in my eyes.

Agree, but I'll just add to counter your added point that doing this in Arrowhead right now has really no significance. They have so few fans allowed in the stadium that it's nowhere near the same as when it's packed.

Just now, t96 said:

Agree, but I'll just add to counter your added point that doing this in Arrowhead right now has really no significance. They have so few fans allowed in the stadium that it's nowhere near the same as when it's packed.

True yeah I forgot about that.  Still think there is a big mental aspect in not only going on the road, but going on the road to somewhere like Arrowhead knowing you gotta play the Chiefs.  And yet, despite this team being inexperienced in so many areas, with a lot of guys who haven't even played in the playoffs, it didn't look like anyone was backing down.  

Defense struggled, but they did a good job in the first half and on that last drive in the 4th quarter.  Plus, it's the Chiefs.  I mean to ask this defense, when considering the talent discrepancy, to force a 3 and out on the Chiefs with the game on the line?  Damn man.  That impressed me a lot.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Maybe y’all have short memories but the Panthers were always ready to play in the early years under Rivera. Panthers played close games and lost all the freaking time in 2011-2012

Eh to an extent yes, but Cam heroics had more to do with that.  Not trying to take away from Rivera, I always defended him more than a lot of guys on this site, but I get way more of a "this has more to do with coaching" vibes watching this team than I did with those Panthers teams. 

I'd say those early Panthers teams were driven more by how much they loved playing under Rivera, whereas this team is driven by the fact the coaches have done a really good job scheming up ways for their young players to make plays.  

Rookie Cam on this team?  Oh Lawd

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I’m sold. Rhule is absolutely the best coach for this team. We just played the best team in the league and nearly beat them without our starting LT and blue chip safety. The team is in good hands.

>blue chip safety

bah gawd I thought i'd never hear those words uttered about a Panthers safety ever again.....

Archived