• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Record: 3-6, So What's Next

SetfreexX

It really depends on what the injury bug and COVID-19 bug does to us the rest of the way. Temperatures are dropping, so I expect some Panthers coming down with COVID soon, god forbid. We can't really afford to lose pretty much any starter on the team, but guys like CMC, Jackson, Okung, Paradis, and others could be injured and cause us major problems.

I hate that we have so many bad teams on our remaining schedule. We're bound to win some of those games, and that will only murder our draft position.

2 hours ago, EgoDogg said:

Because I want the team that I root for to win. I'm enjoying the games, and I enjoy wins. A lot of young inexperienced players on the roster who need to learn how to win and build confidence to carry forward. But most importantly, if you have a good coaching staff, a high draft pick shouldn't be a requirement to win going forward. So this tank for [player] philosophy is always overblown.

Best Records of the last 10 Years - How many of these teams are in this bucket due to sacrificing a season for higher picks?

• Patriots (Tom Brady - 6th round)
  • Seahawks (Russell Wilson - 3rd round)
  • Packers (Aaron Rodgers - Pick #24)
  • Ravens (Joe Flacco - Pick #18 | Lamar Jackson - Pick #32) 
  • Steelers (Ben Roethlisberger - Pick #11)
  • Saints (Drew Brees - 2nd round draft pick | Saints got in Free Agency)

None of these teams were carried by a top of draft quarterback and instead have had consistent, top of the line coaching. With the exception of the McCarthy years in Green. But Aaron Rodgers wasn't a high draft pick, himself.

Good Coaching > High Draft Picks

Those guys are like winning a scratch off lottery. The exception not the rule. Look at the dominating young qbs in the league the kylers. Burrows. Hurbert, mahomes and so on. All those guys are first rounders. Your not winning right now and winning right now prolongs not making it to the super bowl which is the goal of all teams. Who whats mediocrity for every. Then we look like the hornets?

Netting a super star athlete to build around would only further those wins you want and give us moore to root for.

22 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Those guys are like winning a scratch off lottery. The exception not the rule. Look at the dominating young qbs in the league the kylers. Burrows. Hurbert, mahomes and so on. All those guys are first rounders. Your not winning right now and winning right now prolongs not making it to the super bowl which is the goal of all teams. Who whats mediocrity for every. Then we look like the hornets?

Netting a super star athlete to build around would only further those wins you want and give us moore to root for.

So each of the winningest teams of the past decade was just due to lucking out at quarterback? Flacco included?

Just now, EgoDogg said:

So each of the winningest teams of the past decade was just due to lucking out at quarterback? Flacco included?

Wins are not a qb measurement statistic.. there is also more than one way to win. Ravens have traditionally had one of the best most consistent defenses since Ray Lewis.. does that mean having chase young wouldn't make the better instead of...  I dunno whoever their right end is? This is not that hard to understand. Picking higher let's you have a better chance at getting the best player coming out that year. Yes you can get lucky later but your odds go down as you go down.

6-10 or 7-9  probably .  

If we get unlucky and ball don't bounce our way in the games we should win ,we could go 4-12 or 5-11 . 

I seriously doubt we lose out. Were going to have at least one or two games where we blow the doors off someone like the Redskins, Lions, or Saints at the end of the year if they're resting starters

5 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Wins are not a qb measurement statistic.. there is also more than one way to win. Ravens have traditionally had one of the best most consistent defenses since Ray Lewis.. does that mean having chase young wouldn't make the better instead of...  I dunno whoever their right end is? This is not that hard to understand. Picking higher let's you have a better chance at getting the best player coming out that year. Yes you can get lucky later but your odds go down as you go down.

Agreed about it not being a QB only measurement. I'm just saying the thought that drafting high means a better chance of success is bogus. The same teams are often at the top and it doesn't mean squat. And the Ray Lewis point helps validate my argument. He was also a late first round pick (#26).

There's talent all over the draft. High draft position doesn't matter as much as it seems.

Archived