• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what will Tepper's expectations be next season?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Do what it takes to get Lawrence or Fields. Sign Samuel...go to the playoffs. 

Atlanta - garbage

NO - Brees could be done; Rebuilding

TB - Brady looks done. 

If we get this draft and offseason right the division could be ours. 

TB just needs to sign Cam Newton next year and they will be the best team in the NFC

Given that he talked about a five year plan, I don't think Tepper's expectations for year two are gonna be sky high.

They may be higher than they would have been due to the team doing better than expected this season, but I think they'll still be reasonable.

Progress from this season is probably enough.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

TB just needs to sign Cam Newton next year and they will be the best team in the NFC

Are you sure? This season he has a 67 completion percentage. 4 Passing TDs, 9 INTs and a QB rating of 79.8.

Obviously he's quite a bit of damage rushing (387 yards, 9 TDs, 2 Fumbles), but even combined, that's 13 TD's and 11 Turnovers. 

I think you don’t judge by wins yet. Especially if we draft a rookie QB. It should look like a more complete team (better offensive line, secondary, mlb), but if the young guys are improving and we are working in our next QB, you would have to expect a learning curve still. Year 3 we should be in the playoff race.

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The Huddle before the season: This is the least talented roster in the league. We’ll end up with a top 5 pick. 

The Huddle during the season: This team is soooo bad, I can’t believe it! Tepper doesn’t care about winning!

A primary reason we have one of the least talented rosters in the league is because of Marty Hurney. Marty Hurney is still here. Marty Hurney still might be here next year. Tepper can show he cares about winning by letting go a GM with one of the strangest histories. A GM who was fired for performance reasons, brought back, retained across ownership change, and retained during more years of ineffectiveness. What an underdog story he has.

Just now, ChibCU said:

A primary reason we one of the least talented rosters in the league is because of Marty Hurney. Marty Hurney is still here. Marty Hurney still might be here next year. Tepper can show he cares about winning by letting go of a GM with one of the strangest histories. A GM who was fired for performance reasons, brought back, retained across ownership change, and retained during more years of ineffectiveness. What an underdog story he has.

Seriously. 

I can’t stand Hurney the GM and want him gone as much as the next guy but I respect the hell out of Marty the person for the amount of money he’s been able to rob Richardson and Tepper of over the years. 

Archived