• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Star Platinum said:

Me personally, I have mixed feelings because I absolutely did not want Herbert, (then he turns out to be a day 1 stud) but the reason I didn’t want Herbert, is because I didn’t wanna get left picking over the scraps at the QB position with a high draft choice. Zach as of right now is 3 or 4, in terms of comparison to Lawrence, Fields, and maybe Lance. my feeling is that next year is a year to go for an gold ,and not settle for silver, now all that is subject to major change, I.e Lawrence draft dodges this year to avoid the jets and to enjoy being the king of South Carolina another year. But even so, that pushes me toward a year where we get pick of the litter, be that with trading down this year to trade up next year, or simply sucking next year (unlikely with this staff barring injuries) but that’s just it, I can’t make a definite decision because or Herbert. If it were up to me as of now, I gamble on next year, but as I watch more of him that may change ether way, whoever Matt Rhule picks to lead his team ill be as pumped as always for this exciting team.

How are you going to go for gold next year drafting from the middle of the 1st round? I expect our D to improve since our best players are rookies. Getting CMC back will be a significant boost for the offense. The coaching staff will have a year of NFL seasoning. We have every expectation to improve next year. If we don't, I'll start developing serious doubts about Rhule and company.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How are you going to go for gold next year drafting from the middle of the 1st round? I expect our D to improve since our best players are rookies. Getting CMC back will be a significant boost for the offense. The coaching staff will have a year of NFL seasoning. We have every expectation to improve next year. If we don't, I'll start developing serious doubts about Rhule and company.

That’s just it, I’m saying trade down this year for draft ammo next year, the same thing that the dolphins are poised to do this year you see I’m not suggesting we suck, but if we trade down with a team that does and have 2 firsts, plus potentially a second that’s a tempting offer. I don’t think we could be bad enough to do it on our own with this staff 

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'd still wager come draft time.  Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson won't end up being the first 4 off the board.   A SEC kid is going to jump one or both Lance/Wilson. 

Mack Wilson?

If your trying to refer to Trask.  There is a better chance he goes rd 2 than jumping into the top 4 QBs

Tag Moton and offer Okung a sweet $$$ one year deal. Okung is worth the injury risk due to his high level of play at LT, and if he spends too much time injured again you're not locked into anything long term.

Round 1 - QB

Round 2 - LT

Round 3 - RT

If Okung rejects the deal, then move Moton to LT, and put the second round pick LT in at RT. Typically a second round LT is there because he's more of a RT at the pro level. If the second round pick LT looks awesome, then move him to LT and move Moton back to his natural RT position. Make sure the 3rd round RT can also play OG, so we can have competition at the guard positions. 

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Mack Wilson?

If your trying to refer to Trask.  There is a better chance he goes rd 2 than jumping into the top 4 QBs

Joe Burrow wasn't even the #1 overall pick at this time last year.    But there is a road map for the SEC's to really change the discussion of who the top 4 are. 

Let's say Bama rolls in the SEC championship.  Then rolls over ND and then Clemson.   I think Mack has potential room to alter stuff. 

Don't think it will happen, but just imagine FL upsets Bama in the SEC championship and then goes through the college playoff.  That can change the conversation.  

SEC QBs have the ability to change the conversation.  I think Lance could drop come combine time too.   For a dual threat QB, he actually isn't that impressive given his competition via the eye test.   You got to be a freak to make being a dual threat work in the NFL and he doesn't look the part doing that to me.  Freakier guys on the ground couldn't make it work. 

Teams that will be looking QB in 2021 (without a doubt):

• NY Jets  (Darnold is done in NY--Lawrence is the pick)
  • Jags (Fields is their next QB unless Lawrence can get out of NY)

So after picks 1 and 2, there are 3 "elite" QBs left in round 1 and many teams looking for a QB:  Lance, Wilson, and Trask.  I am speculating that the top 4 are gone by the 9th or 10th pick and 5 may be gone by the middle of round 1.(in December, 2020--grain of salt)

• Patriots  (Cam is not the answer--unless you are talking about retirement)
  • Washington  (RR playing himself out of the QB market)
  • Bears  (Trubiski and Foles?  Nope)
  • Lions (Lotta Talk about Stafford leaving Motown--New England in his future?)
  • Niners (SF ready to move on from Garrappolo)
  • Panthers (Bridgwater contract can be escaped in 2022)
  • Indy:  Rivers arm sure looks shot at times.
  • Tampa Bay (Brady is showing signs of slowing down--they need a QB of the future, not a QB of the past).

Maybe need a QB:

• Philly:  If Wentz is not the answer, Is Jalen?
  • New Orleans:  If Brees is gone, are they really happy with Crab Legs or Hill?
  • Minnesota:  Cousins as your QB is about like your Cousin as your prom date.
  • Raiders:  They really do not like Carr in Vegas.
  • Broncos:  Are they ready to move on from Lock?
  • Steelers:  Big Ben is old.
  • Cowboys:  Do they pay Zak or go shopping?

The Point?  If Carolina wins one of the remaining games this season, they could take themselves out of the running for a top 5 QB.

Yeah same for here,  after I watching teddy this year i just dont know what it is to be excited about next year. I want to see a talented qb with all these  weapons we have now on offense. It could have a patrick mahomes type effect on the team. Imma always be excited to watch my team on sundays but drafting a franchise QB would have different kinda of feeling. 

I should not speak, but right now I prefer Lance.(*only seen highlights form zack), plus I like Lanmce just as much as Lawrence. 

@LinvilleGorge I finally figured out your hate for Teddy. One of your goto points about QBs was comp%, you used it to knock Josh Allen and Herbert. Both are having MVP/ROTY seasons and Teddys been a solid 98.479% for the whole year..... Hating on Teddy was a coping mechanism after that theory got nuked!!! 

image.png.50a1ba552faefb96c7f6dfb062990562.png

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I should not speak, but right now I prefer Lance.(*only seen highlights form zack), plus I like Lanmce just as much as Lawrence. 

@LinvilleGorge I finally figured out your hate for Teddy. One of your goto points about QBs was comp%, you used it to knock Josh Allen and Herbert. Both are having MVP/ROTY seasons and Teddys been a solid 98.479% for the whole year..... Hating on Teddy was a coping mechanism after that theory got nuked!!! 

image.png.50a1ba552faefb96c7f6dfb062990562.png

98.479%? And Josh Allen has finally turned a corner and IS completing passes for once. He’s just under 70%. That hasn’t been his norm. Adding Diggs has helped though. 

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not as sure about this as some. I know it all makes sense on paper, but part of me really thinks there could be 3 QBs off the board with the first 3. 

I know they have Burrow but from what I've read there was damage in his knee that went beyond just the ligament tears. Several reports said there was more damage than originally thought.

So if I'm the Bengals, do you take a QB at 3 if they like Lance or Wilson? I think it has to be considered. If Burrow doesn't come back to pre injury form, you already have a QB to replace him. If he does, you have a young QB that's very tradable and could likely pick up a few picks, possibly a couple 1st or a 1st and a couple 2nds. It just makes sense. 

I'm not saying they will do it, but I see it as a possibility 

User name checks out

Archived