• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

I'm always concerned about QBs that dont play against the best competition. The game is much faster in the NFL, and the time you have to make a decision is only fractions of the time he has at BYU. Not against the pick if he is the one there, but ultimately Im concerned in comparison of the QBs who play against major schools and dominate. 

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just hope that a QB we really like is available. If that's Wilson, great. If it's Lance or Fields, that's great too.

This is exactly it.  Whomever our organization loves is the one we need to hope is there.  There are actually a few QB's who seem to be generally grading out as first round prospects this year.  That's good news for us.  We need a QB, we'll have a relatively high pick and therefore it seems like we won't have to mortgage the future.

Lance looks like a better QB. I am hoping at this point someone falls in love with Wilson over Lance, there is always a sucker in the draft. I'm not at all convinced the upgrade from Teddy to Wilson would be enough to justify using a 1st, maybe he is I just don't see it yet.

Its early and I think this process should be fun. As long as the QB we want can push the ball down the field and have enough on his throws to hit WRs in stride and hit those small red zone windows I will be thrilled.

I'd rather have Trey Lance, IMO checks all the boxes and has the frame to take NFL level hits (6'4'', around 230). Zach Wilson is built like Teddy, (6'3'' 210, Wilson). I'm just not a buyer of the smaller guys they always seem to get nicked up and miss time, could just be me, give me the QB that looks, the part, and has been the part. 

Athleticism, size, and arm talent win for me, did either of these guys play short stop at any point? Also, he just looks / reminds me too much of Jimmy, and I just can't. 

Zach Wilson Stats, News, Bio | ESPNJimmy Clausen Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

I was fortunate to be able to see the BYU/CCU game. He definitely can make all the throws and that in itself makes me happy.  He didn't have a stellar game but many of his incompletion were receivers not making the catch.   His Oline was also dominated by CCU. 

Missing the winning score by a Tennessee yard was impressive because he was under pressure most of the game.   Though they lost it showed me that he has the ability to put a team on his back and bring it home.

I'd be ok with this pick.  He will be in the range for us to select a QB.

Any more than one more win and I think we drop out of a race for a QB.

IMO with the Covid problems we will have this week I think we are in trouble against probably the only team we have a chance to beat.

Denver has a really good defense. 

22 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I'd rather have Trey Lance, IMO checks all the boxes and has the frame to take NFL level hits (6'4'', around 230). Zach Wilson is built like Teddy, (6'3'' 210, Wilson). I'm just not a buyer of the smaller guys they always seem to get nicked up and miss time, could just be me, give me the QB that looks, the part, and has been the part. 

Athleticism, size, and arm talent win for me, did either of these guys play short stop at any point? Also, he just looks / reminds me too much of Jimmy, and I just can't. 

Zach Wilson Stats, News, Bio | ESPNJimmy Clausen Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

How I Draw Dragon Ball Z Characters! | DragonBallZ Amino

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Part of me wishes Sewell would drop to us and take care of our LT situation once and for all, well, at least the next 10 years.  Drafting QB's only to get them killed is becoming a habit

Sewell to the Bengals is just about written in stone. 

As it has been posted numerous times, as long as we address quarterback in round one, I will be content and confident in the direction of our team going forward. Lance, Wilson, Fields.. whoever our staff and management likes more. I hope it’s JF but would be fine with the other two. 

Just out of curiosity @Jeremy Igo what is your current thoughts on our quarterback situation and first round pick? 

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I might be alone in this thought but Im 100% ok with drafting o-line in the 1st and waiting for a QB next year.

I dont think we are 1 player away and we need to protect our QB.... when we get one. 

I would even consider a trade back to get more picks. 

If the OL improves, as well with the defense having a year under them we are likely not in position to draft a top QB talent, if Herbert had lasted til' 7 we probably don't have Brown on the roster. 

I don't think we'd be playoff ready next year, but with a good OL we could play ourselves into the middle picks, honestly right now we're not guaranteed a QB selection this team may pull a win or two out the a** over the next 4.

My pick is Lance over Wilson I think the ceiling with him is higher and he already has an NFL frame, I think he has a chance to fall to us, JF I don't think makes it past #2.

Archived