• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds Like Matt Rhule is Frustrated with Teddy

Calboyz13

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

The stadium wouldn't fill up for this crap. Need to breath new life into this franchise again!

i would be in attendance for sure. would be a nice change of pace to hear the guys who would go “i just think derek anderson throws a more catchable ball” back in the day now going “actually that was an efficient sequence” as teddy throws a 2 yard pass on 4th and 8 to lose the game

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Replay showed that play from Bridgewater's point of view. The downfield guys looked like they were covered.

This isn't the sole instance of something like that happening though.

It also showed that he predetermined he was throwing it to Samuel, bc Samuel and Thomas were crossing and Thomas actually appeared to have gotten more open after they crossed.  That being said, I don't know that Thomas would've a) caught it, or b) turned it upfield fast enough.

After rewatching it, I am of the opinion that it was a bad play call/design, but it was a worse decision by Teddy.  I don't care what the play was, you throw the ball past the sticks on 4th and 8 unless someone is wide open with plenty room to run underneath.  

1 minute ago, Oldmanrivera said:

sigh.jpg

teddy flat out doesn’t have the arm strength to make that throw. and that doesn’t mean he can’t physically throw the ball that far. it means that he can’t count on getting the ball there before the defender can close and make a play on it. teddy knows this so throwing downfield isn’t really treated as an option unless the guy is extremely wide open or very clearly behind the defense. unfortunately even here the receiver isn’t open enough for teddy. yikes.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Replay showed that play from Bridgewater's point of view. The downfield guys looked like they were covered.

This isn't the sole instance of something like that happening though.

If it’s 4th down you gotta give them a chance. Covered or not. 

Archived