• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lsst 3 Games

DaveThePanther2008

16 minutes ago, bababoey said:

This has nothing to do with this topic but has anyone seen this?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/15/nfl-continues-to-review-allegations-against-bears-de-mario-edwards/?partner=Yahoo

Kind of Panther related.  I have heard nothing about this before today and it happened like 2 months ago. 

Saw that earlier today.

First I've seen of it as well.

This Packers game is going to be the final straw for this forum when it comes to our DB's getting exposed. If you think what Drew Lock and Hamler did to us was bad, just wait till Devante Adams and A-Rod take the stage on national TV IN Lambeau lol. Everyone really going to be pounding the table for us to draft Surtain or trade back and try and get Caleb Farley after Saturday, mark my words.

Rodgers is an elite QB, arguably in the top tier with only Mahomes this year. Their D is great, their O is balanced despite not having amazing receiving threats outside of Adams. They've been very well coached under LaFleur. They're the 2nd best team in the league right now for a reason. We're not beating them. In fact, I doubt we keep it within 10 points. 

Washington, despite their recent success and record being better, I think is a complete toss up. I don't think they're quite as good as their record, and I think we're a little better than our record. My guess is we lose a close one because Rivera will be hyped up for that one.

Aints game depends partly on whether they rest their starters or not, mainly Brees. If Brees plays we probably lose, if not I think we have a chance even if they're in the mix for #1 seed and view it as a must win (no one has a clue when he'll return from that injury). Division games are weird and the Aints have lost meaningful games against bad division opponents late in the season before. Would not be surprised at all if we win, and if we do I suspect most of the Huddle will be absolutely pissed because we'll drop from top 6 to like 10th or something.

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

New Orleans will not be taking our game off.  The only way I see them tanking the final game is if they lose against KC but I don't see that happening either.   If Brees comes back for the playoffs we are going to be the "Get the Rust off" game. 

I do believe we will be competitive but we'll have to error free to win any of these games.

You don't see them losing, or you don't see them tanking?  

I think that if Hill is the QB, they won't beat the Chiefs.  And a good chance they lose to the Vikes.  At that point, they could be locked into second or third seed. If that is the case, Brees would play at most a half against us.  

9 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You don't see them losing, or you don't see them tanking?  

I think that if Hill is the QB, they won't beat the Chiefs.  And a good chance they lose to the Vikes.  At that point, they could be locked into second or third seed. If that is the case, Brees would play at most a half against us.  

See them Tanking.

If Hill plays against KC and Brees comes back against Minnesota and Us.  He is going to want to play.  He'll want those game reps.  I don't think they tank whatsoever but it is possible. 

Another factor about out last game.  If Payton is trying to screw someone.  Who would he rather screw. Atlanta or Carolina. 

If they beat us and Atlanta moves ahead of us.  Such a dilemma for Payton.

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

See them Tanking.

If Hill plays against KC and Brees comes back against Minnesota and Us.  He is going to want to play.  He'll want those game reps.  I don't think they tank whatsoever but it is possible. 

Another factor about out last game.  If Payton is trying to screw someone.  Who would he rather screw. Atlanta or Carolina. 

If they beat us and Atlanta moves ahead of us.  Such a dilemma for Payton.

Yeah, this is why I don’t think Payton “trying “ to screw us is really a factor this year. He definitely did it a couple years back , though.

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, this is why I don’t think Payton “trying “ to screw us is really a factor this year. He definitely did it a couple years back , though.

Based on what?  Sitting a few of his starters in the last game of the season when they were locked into the 1 seed in the NFC?  That's pretty standard practice in the NFL...it happens every year by multiple teams at the end of the season.

19 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The only way I see them tanking the final game is if they lose against KC but I don't see that happening either. 

Losing to KC puts them in a must win spot as well. GB isn’t a juggernaut so it’s possible they don’t make it to the championship game. Because of that having the 2 seed instead of the 3 seed could be huge. Seattle and LA are 1 loss behind NO and their toughest game is against each other so it’s likely that they get to 12-4 or have a shot at it week 17. No idea how the tiebreaker works but NO losing to KC means they have to beat us to try and get home field for more than just the first WC game. If they beat KC then they are still fighting for the top spot.

The two things we have going for us is that the Rams have 1 more AFC loss and GB beat NO head to head. If the Rams can beat Seattle then they would own the tiebreaker with NO (conference record) and so would GB. No idea on NO and Seattle but again NO has to win in case Seattle/LA lose the last week.

19 hours ago, bababoey said:

We have found a way to be in every game we have lost this year except for the Bucs.  Without CMC for the most part.  We get Kerr and Moore back for this game and maybe Daley (idk).  It would not shock me if we found a way to be up by at least a TD in the 4th quarter.  If we can hold it or not is another question but it is not as crazy as you think.

In the unlikely event that this scenario should come to pass, I'd anticipate Snow to rush 3 and leave the middle of the field wide open in the final minutes, ensuring Aaron Rodgers easily picks us apart for the game winning score.

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Losing to KC puts them in a must win spot as well. GB isn’t a juggernaut so it’s possible they don’t make it to the championship game. Because of that having the 2 seed instead of the 3 seed could be huge. Seattle and LA are 1 loss behind NO and their toughest game is against each other so it’s likely that they get to 12-4 or have a shot at it week 17. No idea how the tiebreaker works but NO losing to KC means they have to beat us to try and get home field for more than just the first WC game. If they beat KC then they are still fighting for the top spot.

The two things we have going for us is that the Rams have 1 more AFC loss and GB beat NO head to head. If the Rams can beat Seattle then they would own the tiebreaker with NO (conference record) and so would GB. No idea on NO and Seattle but again NO has to win in case Seattle/LA lose the last week.

I glad you have that figured out.  I think losing to Philly really screwed things up for N.O. because their seeding is in the balance.  Worse case scenario is they fall to 3rd seed as the NFCE winner will automatically be 4th but it's much tougher road at 3rd seed than the first. 

19 hours ago, Panther Believer said:

This Packers game is going to be the final straw for this forum when it comes to our DB's getting exposed. If you think what Drew Lock and Hamler did to us was bad, just wait till Devante Adams and A-Rod take the stage on national TV IN Lambeau lol. Everyone really going to be pounding the table for us to draft Surtain or trade back and try and get Caleb Farley after Saturday, mark my words.

Agreed. Everyone is screaming about MLB because they have PTSD from how bad Whitehead was earlier this season, but IMO CB and FS are our bigger defensive needs right now. Carter isn't great, but he's plenty serviceable at MLB. He's better at MLB than anyone we have at CB or FS.

Archived