• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MARTY HURNEY FIRED

jamos14
Message added by Ricky Spanish

Bad Man Gone. Everyone gets Pie

Just now, trueblade said:

I wonder if the recent news about Kevin Colbert not returning to Pittsburgh sped up the process. No way a guy like Colbert considers Carolina with Marty Hurney still here.

I made that same comment to my wife a few minutes ago, when she got up (around 7:40am here) and found me eyeing the liquor cabinet.

Tepper is a lot of things, but impulsive is not one of them.  Something led to the timing of this, and it was not just Hurney replied to Rhule's statement that we needed to consider our QB situation with "I just drafted one two years ago."

Interesting commends from Tepper.

"You look at successful organizations, and there's a certain alignment between the head coach and the GM," Tepper said. "To think that you can do that without some sort of alignment is nuts. So to not have a head coach with some input into that is stupid. I don't want to be stupid, OK?"

He is probably just explaining why Rhule is involved in the search, but I do wonder if Hurney and Rhule were not in alignment.  

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I made that same comment to my wife a few minutes ago, when she got up (around 7:40am here) and found me eyeing the liquor cabinet.

Tepper is a lot of things, but impulsive is not one of them.  Something led to the timing of this, and it was not just Hurney replied to Rhule's statement that we needed to consider our QB situation with "I just drafted one two years ago."

Who knows for sure but Colbert is under contract through this years draft. I think the Panthers go with someone younger and available.

This thread should be a celebration no speculation, please. This is a day of happiness!!!!! So excited, was on the toilet when the news broke and cant believe its true, and such a great way to get this crap year over with.  

Archived