• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So was Hurney the one that decided to cut Cam?

PhillyB

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

this might be true if it wasn't also the case that hurney has already been hated for his horrible, franchise-crippling moves for years 

That's not an argument in favor of the thesis. If anything, it's a red flag. In any event, it may be true, but I don't really care at this point. He's gone, true or not. Mistakes were made. If our coaches made them, hopefully they learned. If Hurney is primarily responsible for TB, then great, we can move on just like we moved on from him.

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

You Cam ball suckers make me laugh. God everything doesn't have to revolve around the man and anyone with two good eyes could tell he's done. Not even Josh McDaniels could make him a winner. 

it's hilarious that you still show your face around here after exposing yourself all throughout last season. this dumb fug went all in on kyle allen lmao

2 hours ago, Snake said:

You Cam ball suckers make me laugh. God everything doesn't have to revolve around the man and anyone with two good eyes could tell he's done. Not even Josh McDaniels could make him a winner. 

how dumb are you? everyone in this thread had said "looks like he's basically done but..."

you think we're obsessed with cam but you've been obsessed with getting rid of him for years.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Dude....you seriously think Josh McDaniels makes anyone a winner?  He has to prove to so many more people now that it wasn't Tom Brady making him look good.

McDaniels has done nothing but hinder Cam's ability to do well in NE....and I agree Cam's days as a QB1 are behind him.

Never thought about it this way but I can see it. Tepper may have wanted him to leave with Ron and dumping Cam may have been Marty's last ditch effort to turn things around. 

I can't put it all on him though even if that is true. Teddy is Joe Brady's guy and ultimately his screwup. We went into HC interviews with Cam on the roster. Tepper would have kept him if Rhule really wanted him. Everyone involved had say in the matter and came to the decision. Hurney was just doing his job coordinating it all.

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

There's no way Hurney decided to cut his draft pick without the new and powerful staff wanted to. It makes no sense and sounds like revisionist history. 

pretty sure marty has cut his draft picks before. remember also it's confirmed marty was making moves to save his job with 2020's performance, without regard for the team's long-term outlook, which may suggest a jettisoning of prior alliances to save his ass

Archived