• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I offer you some hope

Jeremy Igo

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Do you gamble he falls or move up?   Because we had options at the 3 spot

I mean don't get me wrong I'm pissed we won yesterday, it is a meaningless win that longterm will hurt our franchise. 

That being said trading up in the draft is ONLY a good decision when you're POSITIVE you're getting a franchise QB aka Mahomes, Watson, etc. 

If a trade up for Wilsion has to happen, Philly's the spot. Ryan is like Rivers was in SD with a much better track record. He's not going anywhere this year even if the coaching staff WANTS a change. He Literally Cannot Go Anywhere. His cap hit is 50mi next year, they're paying the man an assload. And he's far from the big problem in ATL. 

I'm against trading up anyway. This is a solid QB class and unless the staff loves Wilson or someone heads and shoulders above everyone else there's really solid options in the draft.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Pipe dream.

Both the lions and Falcons are getting entirely new front offices, both will want new QBs. There’s a slim chance the Falcons don’t draft a QB but everything I’ve heard about Detroit is that Stafford wants out and the Lions are going to rebuild. And that doesn’t include teams like SF, Colts, Steelers, NE, Denver that can all trade up.

I think we need to trade up, I’m perfectly fine with trading multiple first round picks for Wilson. We better not beat the saints next week 

There are no verifiable sources on Stafford wanting out.  Its just click bait at this point.  Particularly when you consider that "leaks" are also talking about what the Lions are going to do, when they don't even have a front office right now.

16 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

There are no verifiable sources on Stafford wanting out.  Its just click bait at this point.  Particularly when you consider that "leaks" are also talking about what the Lions are going to do, when they don't even have a front office right now.

There was no verifiable source on Cam leaving last year either. But just like Cam the signals were there

14 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Someone tell me the scenarios we need to move back up the draft board assuming we lose next week.

L vs. Saints

Bengals over Ravens

Falcons over Bucs

Lions over Vikings

Eagles over Washington 

Giants over Cowboys

Texans over Titans

We’d move back to 3 if this all somehow happens. Realistically if we lose we could probably move back to the 5-7 range.

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

I don't get why everyone thinks the Falcons take a QB.  They may,  but they are stuck with Ryan at least for next season.  They are at like 190 something million towards next year cap right now with like 35 guys on the roster for 2021.  If they cut Ryan after the season they actually lose 9 million in cap space. His hit goes fro 40 million to 49 million.  They could do a June 1st cut but that won't help them until June 1st, when everyone has already been signed. That's the reason I think Atlanta HC and GM are the jobs that no one really wants this offseason.  Really there is nothing you can do to this roster next year. 

They probably should, but I think they'll likely try to retool around Ryan for one last push with him due to his contract situation.

40 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

27 of 35 for 300 yards, 2 TDs with 0 INTs and a 121.1 QB rating

giphy.gif

And still lost.  He looked terrible most of the game and was holding the ball way too long resulting i sacks.  Don't look at the stats alone.  Too many get caught up in stats.

22 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Someone tell me the scenarios we need to move back up the draft board assuming we lose next week.

Good thing is none of the teams ahead of us play each other and they're all not too far away W/L wise . It'll come down to whether we can lose the final game and If that happens, you're going to want everyone in front of us to lose their final contest. 

Im not exactly sure how that tie works with eagles and bengals. Is 4-10-1 better or worse than 5-11??  Iirc that tie is like them having 4.5 wins and 10.5 losses compared to our 5 wins and 11 losses.not sure how who would have the higher pick ?  

If I'm evaluating the above correctly we can't finish higher than jets jags cinci or eagles . So we'd max out at pick 5 if everything works out perfectly and our SOS ends up being lower than the teams we tie with record wise 

Carolina LOSS vs Saints (5-11)

Houston WIN vs Titans (5-11)

Atlanta WIN vs Tampa Bay (5-11) 

Cinci WIN vs Ravens  (4-11-1) 

Eagles WIN vs Washington (4-11-1)

Detroit WIN vs Vikings (6-10) 

Giants WIN vs Dallas (6-10)

Archived