• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who had the better career with the Panthers

bababoey

Who was the better DT  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Better DT

• Kawann Short
    • Kris Jenkins

With Short's days probably numbered here, who had the better career here.  Short or Jenkins.

Short had 32 sacks, played in 1 super bowl, played in 2 pro bowls and have played a total of 5 games in the last 2 years here.  99 games total

Jenkins had 20 sacks here, played in 1 super bowl, played in 3 pro bowls and was 1st team all pro 2 times, he played a total of 5 games in 2004-2005.  85 games for the Panthers total.  Only 23 games for the Jets and 3 sacks in 3 years.

To me Jenkins was a far more talented player but he would turn it off almost as much as he would turn it on.  When he played hard he might be one of the best I have ever see play but so many times he would just give a half assed effort.

At least Short played hard and gave an effort.  He didn't have half the talent that Jenkins had around him but he always gave the effort.

Funny how people forget the bitching they did on Kris on here back in the day. 

Kris was great when he wanted to be, but towards the end of his time here he turned it off and checked out. People here was happy he was gone and were basically saying we ripped off the jets for a 3rd round and 5th round draft pick (we used them on Charles Godfrey and Gary Barnidge)

KK was a surprise and def benefited from playing with Star. I’d say both had similiar careers here and impacted their spot about the same 

Archived