• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles tanking

MHS831

Like I said, people REALLY aren't going to look at that coach all that positively after this game, especially the players. If I'm an Eagle free agent, I'd really question coming back to play for a coach that wasn't willing to at least look like he wanted to win.

Just now, jopie87 said:

The NFL should be embarrassed right now. No effort whatsoever. They turned the last game of the regular season into a preseason game. 

The Eagles are gonna hear from the league office about this one. I doubt there will be any public punishment or even public acknowledgement of what we all just watched, but they're gonna take an ass chewing.

Just now, ichigo1057 said:

Like I said, people REALLY aren't going to look at that coach all that positively after this game, especially the players. If I'm an Eagle free agent, I'd really question coming back to play for a coach that wasn't willing to at least look like he wanted to win.

I don't see how any player can look at what they did today and want to be back at all next year. Think Hurts wants to put his body on the line for Doug ever again? 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh Jesus, did you see that "block" from Ertz? LOLOLOL!!!

This is so blatant.

Horrible. Even Will Grier would have thrown a deep pass. 6 seconds left and he throws it to a RB 5 yards downfield in the middle of a gaggle of Redskins.

I think the reason why the announcers were getting a bit more aggressive calling Philly out was that it looked like they (Sudfield, the guy Pederson wanted to look at) were actually trying to throw the game.

Man, wouldn’t it be awesome if Sudfield didn’t make the team next year and came clean that he was told to throw the game. So much fun would ensue after that.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Collinsworth is just barely beating around the bush at this point.

"I personally couldn't have done it. I couldn't have done what Philadelphia did tonight."

Yeah tbh, seeing that clip of Hurts saying "it isn't right," it just sucks...  sure, the organization and fanbase want a better pick, but there are guys out there who are playing for a job.  Like Al and Chris said, if they were just getting blown out and did what they did, that's fine...  but to have a shot at it and completely pack it in starting with that 4th and goal from the 4, then putting Sudfield in.  What about the guys who went into this game wanting to put some good tape out there, or really just wanted to win and played accordingly?  I just don't know how between what just happened and his handling of Wentz, how Pederson will remain employed there.  That locker room has to be pissed, and I was a big fan of Pederson up through their Superbowl run, as he looked poised to become one of the next great strategists.  Welp...

Archived