• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy says he made playoffs before while only throwing 14 tds

Panthers8969

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

He’s obviously not good enough, but he can’t just say “I suck” in an interview.  I feel bad for DJ.  He would be a star on a team with a good QB.  Congrats on reaching that career-high accomplishment of 15 TD passes, Teddy :\

DJ is a star, man! He's a boss at highpointing contested catches and YAC! But, he's not the only one I feel for; Samuel and Anderson are budding stars in their own right. I guess that Samuel is more attuned to Teddy's game, but Teddy has certainly not maximized his talent and especially Anderson's, because he doesn't seem to have the ability or willingness to lead Robbie or hit him in stride. IMO, he makes catching the ball and especially earning YAC harder than it has to be. That may seem counterintuitive because the trio did well at YAC as a group, but I've seen Teddy throw the ball just a little to late as the receiver gets open or makes his cut, if Teddy sees the receiver at all, and that's a shame! 

They made the playoffs that year because they had a top 5 defense and AP had 1,500 yards rushing. The Vikings best WR's that year where a rookie stefon diggs who had 720 yards and 4TD's and a old mike wallace who had 473 yards and 2 TD's. We gave teddy three good receivers and a offense more designed for him to succeed and he only managed to be slightly better than he was in 2015. Teddy had 14 TD's in 2015 and this year in a offense more designed to throw the ball especially without CMC he only managed 1 more TD than he did in his 2nd year in the league.

12 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

They made the playoffs that year because they had a top 5 defense and AP had 1,500 yards rushing. The Vikings best WR's that year where a rookie stefon diggs who had 720 yards and 4TD's and a old mike wallace who had 473 yards and 2 TD's. We gave teddy three good receivers and a offense more designed for him to succeed and he only managed to be slightly better than he was in 2015. Teddy had 14 TD's in 2015 and this year in a offense more designed to throw the ball especially without CMC he only managed 1 more TD than he did in his 2nd year in the league.

Mike Wallace was still good, and went on to be productive in Baltimore with Flacco. He was being held back by noodle arm Teddy

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I’d need to hear the audio. That has to not be accurate. 

In this business, everything is production-based. And of course, I have to be better, my production has to be better. I think, for the most part, we did a good job of keeping ourselves in the games. I was on a playoff team where I threw 14 touchdowns. It's all about executing the game plan and things like that. Of course, you want to be better in the red zone and that's an area that we have to be better at as a team. And of course, myself, I want to be better down there. So, 15 touchdowns – I had five rushing touchdowns as well – but I get paid to throw the football and obviously, I can do more. I need to do more.

https://www.panthers.com/news/what-they-said-postgame-quotes-from-carolina-new-orleans-game

So he's bragging about going to the playoffs where the defense only gave up 10 points but they still lost because his offense only scored 9?

And remember, he not only had a really good defense...he had prime Adrian Peterson who ran for just short of 1,500 yards that year.

Archived