• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BR mock draft from today

raleigh-panther

Lance played FCS ball, but with FCS talent around him.  He balled.  Jones played for the top program in the country with 4 and 5 star recruits all around him.  That is the reason Bama QBs struggle in the NFL, they have a hard time adjusting when the playing field in more level.  I think Jones will be good, but just that good...as he has a low ceiling at the next level, IMO.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I know we are starving for a QB but Mac Jones has career backup written all over him.  Serious lack of athleticism and that is critical in the NFL.  Decent arm no more.  Meh, I would pass.

Mac Jones screams NE Patriots to me.  Belichick values more headsy pocket passers than athletic guys.  Jones reminds me of a poor man's Tom Brady.  Jones will have to go to the right team to be successful and the Patriots would be the ideal fit.

People act like players can't improve with good coaching. If you can recruit and train college kids I sure as hell hope this staff could take a Lance and improve his skills. If this was the last two crews I would not be taking that stance. I don't know if he passes the brain and personality test but he looked good enough. If missig his 2nd year as a starter to Covid helps him still be available at 8 then we could get a shot at a gem. 

If it's a CB, trade TF back and get some extra picks. 

26 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lance played FCS ball, but with FCS talent around him.  He balled.  Jones played for the top program in the country with 4 and 5 star recruits all around him.  That is the reason Bama QBs struggle in the NFL, they have a hard time adjusting when the playing field in more level.  I think Jones will be good, but just that good...as he has a low ceiling at the next level, IMO.

This also applies to the other side of the ball.  Windows are much wider in FCS than in BCS, especially in the SEC

41 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Trey Lance has an extremely small body of work

Most NFL GMs will pass him by for that, right or wrong 

I’m sure the Panthers will go for him if he is there and if they think he is mature enough, or can grow into the role.

Lot  of difference in being a starter, under the radar, at NDSU, then a starter in the NFL 

Most GM's will not pass him by, I predict. I would say perhaps as many as 12-15. 

Plenty could change during evaluations but I think his skill set will get at least a handful of GM's panties tented in the top 15. Especially with so many QB needy teams.

38 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

This also applies to the other side of the ball.  Windows are much wider in FCS than in BCS, especially in the SEC

Sometimes. I think people underestimate how much better the elite college football teams are than their peers. The difference between Alabama and say Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri probably is appreciably greater than FCS power teams and the dregs of their conferences. That playing field is a little more level because the unholy vast sums of money aren't as pronounced. 

Archived