• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers in The Athletic's Free Agent Rankings

theinstrumental

Taylor Moton: Ranked 19th overall, first offensive tackle. They compare his likely deal to Ja’Wuan James four-year, $51 million contract and Jack Conklin's three-year, $42 million signing. I assume that he'll get something around there or we'll tag him.

Curtis Samuel: Ranked 28th overall, 8th wide reciver, after A Rob, Godwin, Golladay, JuJu, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, and T.Y. Hilton. They basically say what we know about him: he's fast, versatile, and his performance can be greatly improved or diminished by how the coaches use him. If someone gets obsessed, he might get paid, if everyone else finds a place, he might not. 

I'm very interested in what Samuel's market is going to be. It's a free agency and a draft heavy in wide receivers. As with Bradberry, he's a second-rounder who's made good, and losing both him, the opportunity cost of that pick (sunk cost, I know), and the cost of whatever it takes to replace him really hurts. I know it's unlikely, but I hope we can find a way to hold onto him. 

49 minutes ago, bull123 said:

while many of you wont let go of beating the skins, I cant let go of signing shaq instead of bradbury

marty should have gotten fired for that alone...for losing josh as well

Good CB's are so hard to get

Losing Josh Norman was Gettleman's fault, but yeah they were very dumb decisions by both.

53 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If Samuel goes, does that put us in line for a compensatory pick?

Really would love to see him stay here, but he's going to get some major bucks out there.

I think it could, of course, it depends on who we sign.  If he signs for market value, probably not that high....Not real sure how that works.

54 minutes ago, bull123 said:

while many of you wont let go of beating the skins, I cant let go of signing shaq instead of bradbury

marty should have gotten fired for that alone...for losing josh as well

Good CB's are so hard to get

He didn't want to be here. See Eisen's podcast last year.  He legit said "I just felt like it was time for a change of scenery." and "They were going through some changes and I felt it was a good time to leave." 

He didn't even give MH a chance to have discussions to stay.

7 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

If we can get Taylor 12 mill a year, I say we do it.  But it may all come down to how much he wants to stay.  A team with loads of cash could offer 14 or more a year.  

Hell, if Thompson is worth over 14, Moton is worth 13.5.  Cut Shaq, sign Moton if it comes down to it. 

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Can someone post the type of compensatory picks we would get if we lose our different free agents?

No, because the formula is a secret, and we have no idea what free agents we will sign this offseason.

Had we not signed Teddy and Robby, James' contract and play this season would have netted us a 3rd this year, because we did sign them, the pick will be much lower, or not get one at all.

I say we do what we can to retain Moton.  He played every snap this year, that durability is hard to find and it at least cements one spot on that OL.  If the difference to match other offers is the equivalent of a Larsen contract, then let's just pay the man.  There's not much comparable on the market and we simply will get worse on the OL if we lose him. 

Archived