• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If everyone here is willing to give up multiple 1st round picks and more future draft capital for Watson, why not be that aggressive for Trevor this year? I think he has a higher ceiling that Watson. 

Because Watson is a proven NFL qb, while Lawrence is not.  

Not that I believe any trade is going to happen.  It isn't.   

3 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If everyone here is willing to give up multiple 1st round picks and more future draft capital for Watson, why not be that aggressive for Trevor this year? I think he has a higher ceiling that Watson. 

Because even in this asinine notion of Watson potentially being traded, he is infinitely more available than the number one pick is. 

We’d have an equal shot of prying Patrick Mahomes away from Kansas City as we would having Jacksonville give up that pick. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, Mage said:

No elite QB in his prime is being traded for less than 3 1st round picks

Yes in another thread one of the talking heads was speculating  it was 3 firsts and a 2nd as a starting place?   And a 40 million cap hit? 

That is crazy.  That would be like trading Burns, Brown and Moore as well as Chinn to get him. Our last 3 1s and a 2 which might still not be enough.

To everyone saying trade CMC and multiple picks, you should’ve been aborted. To everyone else, yes having a generational talent at QB makes you a significantly better team but defense wins championships. I’d rather continue building the team from the ground up to obtain success. One player isn’t going to change everything on a team struggling for production. If we were say the Colts then that would be different. They are legit one player away because of Luck’s decision to retire. 

Archived