• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun wants out! Do it Panthers!

Zod

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

For Patrick Mahomes? Toss in somebody else from our team if you want to.

And let's let the odds even out for 1st rounders and not include the team's best players even, since hitting 3 Pro Bowlers in a row would be rare.  Brian Burns, Shaq Thompson, and Vernon Butler for Patrick Mahomes.  You're saying...no to that? 

I mean if you know you can trade busts for great players, sure you'd do that.

But that's the problem. You don't know. And pretty much every season there are very good players available in the first round. Yeah, we miss on them sometimes, but if you traded the pick away you definitely missed on them.

I know people think if you get a superstar quarterback you can just build a moderate team around them and win, but how's that working out in Houston?

Heck, how did that work out for us with Newton?

We could spend 3 1st rounders hoping a rookie QB pans out or we can just trade them for a top 5 young QB who we know has panned out. Just because we knocked it out of the park last time with Cam doesn’t mean we’re gonna build around and win with whoever we draft this year. You don’t fug around with QBs. Just take the guy.

We’ve got a lot of stud rookies on defense. Pay up for the O-line in FA. Grab some role players and hopeful gems with our remaining picks and let’s go!

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sorry. Still don't buy him getting traded.

Given the kind of damage that would do to the Texans, what they would ask in return would be at a ridiculous level.

I know some people have suggested three firsts. Frankly, I wouldn't give up three firsts for Rodgers or Mahomes.

Getting the superstar doesn't mean sh-t if you give up your ability to build around them in return.

I dunno, I think @CarolinaSunday chart showed that, despite all the late picks and/or trade downs, the Seahawks were able to consistently have winning seasons and won a Superbowl.

I think it really comes down to bad ownership and management. It all trickles down from the top. If the structure is terrible and unstable, like the Texans or Jets for example, I'd agree that Rodgers or Mahomes wouldn't shine there. But I feel like the Panthers have had a good foundation brewing since Tepper took over. It's been slow, but he's been methodical in his moves and shows his commitment by signing Rhule and now Fitterer to long-term contracts.

Plus with the ginormous new facility he's building, I think we'd be pretty enticing. Maybe I'm just looking through rose-colored lenses. But, to be fair, it's easy to see roses after a Hurney-ectomy.

Why would Watson want to go from the Texans to a team giving away any chance at having an offensive line because they have no picks? He's better off there.

A trade with the Jags for #1 plus makes more sense for Texans. They get Lawrence and some picks since Jax has a fugton of selections.  As do the Dolphins

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ridiculous. I've definitely posted worse.

The problem I have is people think of picks in abstract. It's more tangible if you attach names to it.

For example, would you be willing to trade Brian Burns, DJ Moore and Christian McCaffrey for one player?

For an elite QB? in a heartbeat.

That QB will add more wins

8 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying the Panthers have nothing to offer. The Panthers have all kinds of trade capital. 

It’s just...Houston is a 4 win team with Watson and nothing surrounding him. Giving up the future for him would just be the situation. Despite Madden and insightful Huddlers 4 wins is exactly what we’ll get even with Watson, with non of the capital to build an actual team.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

It’s just...Houston is a 4 win team with Watson and nothing surrounding him. Giving up the future for him would just be the situation. Despite Madden and insightful Huddlers 4 wins is exactly what we’ll get even with Watson, with non of the capital to build an actual team.

So a team with Teddy Bridgwater, no CMC, a first year HC, no offseason, all of the rookies on defense, all the dead cap money, etc. wins 5 games.

And with Deshaun Watson instead...we regress?  Well poo we should trade Teddy for even more since he promises more wins than Deshaun. 

Archived