• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown was double teamed a whole damn lot

Zod

I coached offensive line in high school and it taught me to watch the LOS during the game--it ruined watching football for me from a fan's perspective, but you see things (big plays/problems) before they get to the skill players.  FWIW, I was defending Brown all season--if you hold your ground vs. 2 OL--that is a win. But Brown is not Star--he is a better athlete and can play the 5 and 3 techniques as well--and I noticed wherever he went, the offensive blocking schemes adjusted.  If we only had a true MLB...Carter was not bad--but the Panthers and the Bears are known for MLBs--we are spoiled.

He did really well this year all things considered.  He got a few more penalties than I’d like, but his pass rush win rate shows he’s a lot more of a pass rusher than people gave him credit for.  Clean up the penalties, keep improving, and he’s a bonafide baller 

58 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Chris Jones is pretty unreal also, people just lose track of him because of all of the other big names on the Chiefs.

I said this awhile back, but Dave picked big Vern over Jones. Imagine Chris Jones with 2nd year Derrick Brown, YGM, and Burns... Not many 5 OLs would stop them. Jones imo is the 2nd best DT, danold is form Mars.

Your NT is supposed to draw double teams so he better be to the right of that chart. Very nice to see him sliding up towards the top of the chart.

I'm more interested in seeing the 3-techniques over to the right. Donald is otherworldly, but Fletcher Cox is drawing so much attention too. Adam Butler from New England could be a pickup in free agency to pair with Brown.  Need to look into him now.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Your NT is supposed to draw double teams so he better be to the right of that chart. Very nice to see him sliding up towards the top of the chart.

I'm more interested in seeing the 3-techniques over to the right. Donald is otherworldly, but Fletcher Cox is drawing so much attention too. Adam Butler from New England could be a pickup in free agency to pair with Brown.  Need to look into him now.

Hence why I say we desperately need a 3Tech.

When teams did single block Brown he was walking the iOL into the backfield. 

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I coached offensive line in high school and it taught me to watch the LOS during the game--it ruined watching football for me from a fan's perspective, but you see things (big plays/problems) before they get to the skill players.  FWIW, I was defending Brown all season--if you hold your ground vs. 2 OL--that is a win. But Brown is not Star--he is a better athlete and can play the 5 and 3 techniques as well--and I noticed wherever he went, the offensive blocking schemes adjusted.  If we only had a true MLB...Carter was not bad--but the Panthers and the Bears are known for MLBs--we are spoiled.

Watching Edmunds play tonight had me dreaming of better LB play in a panther uniform. 

Archived