• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones thinks Deshaun to Carolina could happen.

Zod

29 minutes ago, BrianS said:

My hope for CMC is that we start using him more as a slot receiver.  It puts the ball in his hands, which is something we want, but gets him less banged up.  I understand CMC is *capable* of running between the tackles, but is that really the best use of his talents?  Let Mike Davis or someone else take that punishment.  I want to see CMC play for years to come, he's too much fun to watch.

Not sure if we'll do that, but anything we can do to lower the punishment he takes and extend his career should be investigated and considered.

Panthers fans get attracted to this idea but it would be an admission that we had made a HUGE mistake in signing him. He isn't a slot receiver. He is an exceptional pass catching RB but he isn't a slot receiver in the NFL. Furthermore, we could get a much better slot guy for less than we paid him. 

Running the football with him is ABSOLUTELY the best use of his talents. If he can't take the punishment, he'll just we one in another long line of RB's that couldn't. RB's don't have long NFL shelf lives, so enjoy him while you can.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Panthers fans get attracted to this idea but it would be an admission that we had made a HUGE mistake in signing him. He isn't a slot receiver. He is an exceptional pass catching RB but he isn't a slot receiver in the NFL. Furthermore, we could get a much better slot guy for less than we paid him. 

Running the football with him is ABSOLUTELY the best use of his talents. If he can't take the punishment, he'll just we one in another long line of RB's that couldn't. RB's don't have long NFL shelf lives, so enjoy him while you can.

I would disagree.  When he came out some of the so called experts said he could have been one of the better WRs in the draft.

I don't see any reason he couldn't be one of the better slot receivers in the league if he played it full time.

I'm not advocating for him to switching to receiver full time but I do think he needs to be used as a matchup weapon in the passing game.  Isolate him on LBs and let him run WR type of routes, not just check downs and wheels.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I would disagree.  When he came out some of the so called experts said he could have been one of the better WRs in the draft.

I don't see any reason he couldn't be one of the better slot receivers in the league if he played it full time.

I'm not advocating for him to switching to receiver full time but I do think he needs to be used as a matchup weapon in the passing game.  Isolate him on LBs and let him run WR type of routes, not just check downs and wheels.

That's what I was thinking, I just didn't say it as well.  Not that he should transition to slot completely, just that we should consider forcing uncomfortable matchups for the defense with him in that position.  Every snap and touch he gets like that is far less punishing than running him into the pile.

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

been through this before. getting our hopes up to be dashed later. Imma sit this one out.

Same, not even sure why I clicked on this thread.

If we get DW, that would be the nab of the decade (still young), as I simply think we don't have enough assets to go after him, much less be able to surround him with talent once he was here.

I'd be a fan though.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If a trade for Watson works out, great. If we land a QB at #8 or a trade up, great.

If we do neither, that's when I'll start the teeth gnashing.

yeah, I'll basically be happy with anything.....pending the plan is something other than Teddy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

The Panthers should do whatever it takes to get Watson because Teddy ain't it.

I’d love to get Watson.  People are acting like the cap is a big problem, but the Saints have been skirting the cap for 10 years.  There are definitely ways to do it.  We could’ve been a winning team this year (or least much closer to it) with a QB capable of throwing more than 15 touchdowns a season as a career best 

• Pie 1