• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mahomes has "no symptoms".

Zod

Per rapoport...

#Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes will have a very light practice today as part of his plan while in the NFL concussion protocol, source said. Could be listed as limited or DNP,  but his work will ramp up during the week. Mahomes, who has no symptoms, will do some tolerance tests, too.

Not sure I believe it.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

They don’t have a chance without him. I’m sure the medical team there in Kansas City is doing a very thorough and clear investigation with Mahomes and his medical conditions. 

The Chiefs' medical team has nothing to do with it, it's all going to come down to an independent neurological consultant who has every incentive to be as careful and thorough as possible and will have no incentive to clear Mahomes if he shouldn't be cleared.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, t96 said:

The Chiefs' medical team has nothing to do with it, it's all going to come down to an independent neurological consultant who has every incentive to be as careful and thorough as possible and will have no incentive to clear Mahomes if he shouldn't be cleared.

LOL 

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I do never never seen his head hit anything, looked like he got choked more than anything. I was reading an article where they said that’s what they thought could have happened.

One angle of the replay showed Mahomes’ head hitting the ground. I could not tell if he was choked or not, but the defender who tackled Mahomes had some extracurricular activity going on. 

• Pie 1

The problem isn’t the experts it’s the player (see Cam). Players will bend the truth, they’re competitors and not going to side on the error of caution.

Medical professionals are not some magical superior beings, they’re humans. They cannot transform themselves to be other people. They base a lot of what they do on the responses the patient gives them. Exactly like our own doctors.

Edited by onmyown

21 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I do never never seen his head hit anything, looked like he got choked more than anything. I was reading an article where they said that’s what they thought could have happened.

There is no way that was a choke out. The defender’s arm was around the neck for about a second, and the forearm was even resting against the bottom of Mahomes’ helmet, as opposed to being directly against the neck. If it was a “choke out,” it was the fastest “one side of the neck being affected with the arm not even being in contact with the neck at all” choke out I’ve ever seen. This entire “choke out” thing is an attempt for the NFL to get Mahomes out of the protocol and into the AFCCG. 

• Pie 2