• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston, no matter who the coach is

WarPanthers89

I might be in the minority in this but I hope this doesn’t become a trend in the NFL. I don’t know what happened in Houston and not saying Watson is or isn’t justified in wanting to leave. 

With that said...I’ve stopped watching NBA altogether due to the ever growing trend in players dictating where they play and who they play with. It sucks the fun out of the competition for me. Prima donnas creating super teams and chasing rings just doesn’t carry the same excitement as the organic experience that there use to be.

Just my opinion, poo away if you’d like. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bienemy passes up this job, I guarantee you that he'll get an opportunity at another HC gig! 

If you think about it for a minute (incompetent ownership aside) if you were going to be a first time head coach and Watson does jet then this may not be as bad a situation as it looks.  You would definitely be rebuilding with a butt load of picks to build with.  You would certainly be drafting first overall next year with another first in your pocket.  It all depends on Watson though.

34 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree.  This idea that they are going to look worse if they don't trade him is stupid, they all ready look really bad.  Letting Watson and some other team fleece them would only add to that.

Watson has enough leverage to force himself out, but he doesn't have enough leverage to force them to only accept an offer from one team.  Once you have multiple teams the price goes up.

No trade clause. It must be amicable. So IF its the Panthers, its the Panthers.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you think about it for a minute (incompetent ownership aside) if you were going to be a first time head coach and Watson does jet then this may not be as bad a situation as it looks.  You would definitely be rebuilding with a butt load of picks to build with.  You would certainly be drafting first overall next year with another first in your pocket.  It all depends on Watson though.

But ownership has a proven record of just being bad. That's my only thing.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Yes, eventually that better opportunity will come. If he takes the Houston job, and stumbles due to a bad situation, and gets canned in 3 years, then he will struggle to get another opportunity.

Yep, it's a situation just waiting for a "loser" IMO. 

16 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No trade clause. It must be amicable. So IF its the Panthers, its the Panthers.

Yes. I feel like this isn’t stated enough, he has more leverage than ppl think. If they don’t trade him, he sits out, at least with a trade Texans will get something rather than nothing. He has the say where he goes, if we give a decent offer AND he wants to come here, he’s here. 

• Beer 1