• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports 5 teams most likely to trade for Matt Stafford. Guess who isn't listed?

Zod

7 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Also not listed here - Miami.

Sure, Miami could use their #3 overall pick on a young QB, but that means giving up on Tua and I just don't think that's reasonable, yet. Tua needs time.

If Miami is smart, they trade out of the #3 spot and use those picks to build a better team around Tua. Bear in mind, Miami has two 2nd round picks this year and they could be used to trade for Stafford. If that happens, they get a QB on a reasonable deal who can be the bridge for Tua for a year or two. Miami was already good last year, this would be the final piece needed to get them over the top.

And, while their trading away their #3 overall pick, might I suggest a certain Carolina team that they could trade that to...

Trade to 3 give Miami 8 and next years first.    They would do that 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's not that I don't think that Stafford wouldn't be a huge upgrade for us. He would. It's just that I think another team that is in a more "win now" mentality will (and should) value him more than we will.

I think it all boils down to the fact that we just don't have the assets to trade to be attractive to most of these teams. And the ones that are attractive are part of the reason to be hopeful about this rebuild.

None of these trades would make sense for us at the current state of the franchise, TBQH.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

They pick up a first.  Move down 4 spots and still get a person they target due to the run on qbs.  No brainer actually 

Miami has the leverage. They know that teams trading into that spot are doing so to draft a franchise QB, which drives up the price. They'll get better offers.

1 minute ago, Raleigh PF said:

Miami has the leverage. They know that teams trading into that spot are doing so to draft a franchise QB, which drives up the price. They'll get better offers.

What drives the price down a little is that there are quite a few teams that would likely be willing to trade down right after them and there's more than one potential #2 qb in this draft.  But the Fina will still probably get a great haul regardless.

Good, no more NFC North losers, we already made a huge mistake with one.  I don’t care what his stats are, he’s not a winner and doesn’t deliver in winning time.  I believe Rob Parker, a Detroit area reporter now national calls him Stat Padford, and for good reason.  Couldn’t win a single playoff game with Calvin Johnson to throw to, and prime Suh on the other side?  Get out of here