• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Mac jones

Beerfacedlegend

I'm almost to the point where I don't trust many QBs from the typical college powerhouses. Obviously there's a few exceptions to the rule, but going from an elite OL, elite weapons who get 5+ yards of separation with regularity, elite running games, and elite defenses to a lack of essentially all of that creates one helluva learning curve.  Saw it with Tua this year, waiting on guys to get open instead of anticipating the throw. Some of the same with Jalen Hurts.  Their mobility helps...which Mac Jones has little to none of. 

I just don't see a single thing about Mac Jones that's elite.  His accuracy is his best quality, but even with that, he's been throwing to Devonta Smith with 10 yards of separation instead of throwing to a WR who's yet to make a cut.  Could be great, sure, but it would be about the most milquetoast pick imaginable even in the 2nd. 

• Pie 1

He is almost as much of a question mark as Lance to me. Can Lance play that well against better competition? Can Jones play they well with lesser talent and against teams that may have better players than his? I think they both are a risk, Lance just has the higher ceiling with his athletic ability.

• Pie 1

Do you really think the Senior Bowl is going to boost his draft stock up so high that we’ll be lucky to have him at #8, when the National Championship he played great in didn’t even do that for him? 

One of many comments in this post that has me scratching my head... 

He was a very good college QB, but who knows what he’ll be in the NFL. If you think him producing at Alabama makes him “safer” than Trey Lance then sure but I trust Rhule and his staff with a guy like Lance who has a ton of talent and made very few mistakes in college. 

• Pie 2

Whoever we get we need Kyle pitts with the 8th pick having him to open up the middle is huge no lb can cover him. It’s hard to turn down the best TE to come out in 15 years. I could also get behind using this draft to set up next years and trade down build the lines up and get more draft caps for next year in the process