• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade a 1st for Jordan Love? ARTICLE: Aaron Rodgers wants clarity

WarPanthers89

I was reading the article below earlier and it brought up a very good question. With Aaron Rodgers having an MVP season and showing no signs of slowing down, he wants to remain the starter of the Packers and wants a new contract to show that they are dedicated to him for the foreseeable future, not Jordan Love. So what will the Packers do?

Will the Packers look at Jordan Love as the next Rodgers or the next Jimmy G (with the Patriots) who will be trade bait? Could they admit that they made a mistake drafting him and not another playmaker for Rogers to get over the hump and make it to the Super Bowl? A 1st round pick for Love could be a huge piece to help the Packers feel like they can make it past the Championship round. 

Would you trade the #8 overall pick in the draft for Love? Just asking overall opinions, I’m not saying we should. We have literally posted threads about every possible QB option since the end of the season, so this is an interesting topic in my opinion.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/28/what-aaron-rodgers-really-wants-is-clarity/

9D050A89-2478-4F18-9877-48562ED1FB18.jpeg

• Poo 5

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really think I'd use the #8 pick on Jordan Love even if he were still in college.

I don’t either but it is a good question. He has a year of NFL learning behind One of the best to ever do it which is beneficial for a project like he is. He is obviously very talented physically but many people knew he would take a year or two to fine tune his game. If he moved and sat for one year behind 2 gloves it could be intriguing 

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I don’t either but it is a good question. He has a year of NFL learning behind One of the best to ever do it which is beneficial for a project like he is. He is obviously very talented physically but many people knew he would take a year or two to fine tune his game. If he moved and sat for one year behind 2 gloves it could be intriguing 

When he was picked at number 26, plenty of people questioned whether he was even worth that.

I just don't see a year of practicing and sitting on the bench as adding enough value to make him worth a pick 18 spots higher.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Man, Rodgers really has quite the ego. I guess it has served him well in a certain aspect but it makes it tough for the Packers.

Yes, he has a rep for being a dick--even in his own family--but he gets Green Bay to the playoffs.  Reminds me of the Marino swagger--I hated that guy.