• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay is CONVINCED we will move on from Teddy

JABANOG

10 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This... and I wanted Teddy to succeed b/c he was the Panthers QB.  He honestly looked like he could be the answer the 1st half of the season.

The 2nd half was truthfully no better than what Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, etc. could provide.  Honestly, Heinicke probably would have beaten Teddy had he been the starter the whole game instead of Haskins.

Teddy had more weapons last year than Cam ever had here, and also had an offensive line, that while not great, certainly wasn't as bad as many of the ones we "protected" Cam with.

They picked Teddy b/c he knew the system.  And Teddy wasn't awful for the most part by any stretch.

But the truth is, and Rhule knows this along with most fans, QB's are ultimately judged by wins and losses, and for their ability to make it happen when the game is on the line.

Teddy had chances in the majority of games we played, and he couldn't do it.  He was the anthesis of clutch in many respects- in many ways the anti-Jake

Jake was not perfect, but it always seemed like before he messed up his elbow that he played his best in the 4th with the game on the line.  Jake could be shaky, but you had a confidence he could pull it together when it mattered.

Teddy really is the exact opposite.  He played his best ball when the game wasn't on the line.

I truly believe Teddy could be a playoff QB if we built around him and things generally went well.  But Teddy doesn't appear able to elevate the team, and he certainly doesn't look like a QB we can win a SB with.

Tepper & Rhule don't want to be stuck with a guy like that

piggybacking off Jake being brought up.

Jake was a gambler.  I mean you could tell Jake to take the check down.  You could drill him all practice.  He might try to do it.  But everyone and there momma knew.....you couldn't stop  Jake from chucking it to 89 deep in double coverage.   QB DNA.  

That's Teddy in reverse. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jake was a gambler.  I mean you could tell Jake to take the check down.  You could drill him all practice.  He might try to do it.  But everyone and there momma knew.....you couldn't stop  Jake from chucking it to 89 deep in double coverage.   QB DNA.  

Rip Scherer tried.

It didn't go so well.