• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two 1st, Two 2nd, 2 young players

AU-panther

From what I understand McClain is pretty connected with the Texans.  I doubt he came up with the numbers by himself, someone is probably whispering in his ear.

Ive said all along it will probably take at least a combination of “5” for Watson. Three 1st and 2 players, 4 1st and a player maybe they take two seconds instead of one of the first like McClain is saying.  Maybe they count the #2 overall pick of the Jets as multiple 1st.

Either way, all of you holding out this idea that Watson and his so called leverage is going to make trading for him cheaper need to give up on that idea. 

I do find it interesting that they are looking for young players also, minimizes the risk of them missing on all of the draft picks.

That does help us though, we definitely  have decent young players, especially on defense that we could include in a trade. 

Based on this tweet the starting point for the Panthers would be something like two 1st, 2 2nds, and Burns and Brown or Chinn. 

How many people would be happy with that? 

Whatever they do it sounds like Fitterer is going to at least explore the idea of trading for him at a minimum. 

Would the Seahawks still be competitive since 2016 without Wilson? They’re a sub .500 team without him.

What happened to the Broncos since Manning left? I’m sure Elway would trade his 2016-2018 drafts for a guy like Watson. 

I don’t even want to bring them up, but look at the Patriots with and without a franchise QB  

I hope everyone sees the same conclusion I see—you’re nothing in the NFL without a franchise QB. 

I’d give that up in a heartbeat. 2 2nd round picks are equal to three 1st. Some are willing to trade next years 1st for a trade up in the draft to #3 so I wouldn’t blink at 2 1st round picks and 2 second round picks for a 25 year old top 5 QB. 

This years 1st/2nd and next years 1st/2nd along with Jackson and Shaq. 

motivational just do it GIF

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

let's see what the market will bear.   I don't mind the draft picks, but I can't give up that much plus two of our 3 young defensive starters.   That much capital would almost cripple any team.  

But that's a good thing for Houston to open with.  I don't think anyone will give them that, and we talking about a top 8 pick this year as part of the equation.  

So let some time go by, and see how much they'll come down.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd consider that. I'd try to get at least a mid-rounder or two back from them. Two 1sts, two 2nds, and two defensive starters is a STEEP ask.

Not really losing much with Jackson and with Shaq it would be a wash because although he is very solid (and underrated by many on this board) getting rid of that contract will help us tremendously in the long run and I believe replacing him would be much easier.