• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final offer for Deshaun

Zod

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The framework John McClain mentioned included two defensive starters.

I seriously doubt they can be talked into seeing the immense value of Shaq Thompson.

Shaq is a very good young player. He’s not quite worth the contract we gave him, but being that we would take the hit on some of that it would be a good player to pickup in a trade. They do not have to be all pro players but Shaq and Jackson would be two good assets to a team along with the draft picks 

Edited by WarPanthers89

I rarely see YGM mentioned, but I think he could be considered a defensive starter with nice upside. 

If I wanted Watson, I’d do Chinn + YGM + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd and that’s the most I’d offer. 

Can’t give away too many picks if the guy you’re trading for will consume almost 1/4 of your cap space. 

Personally, I’d rather keep our young defensive talents, draft picks, and continue to the slower rebuild through the draft. One more year and we’re sitting pretty to make some moves with our available cap space. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And the Texans aren't morons.

Actually they are, but Caserio isn't.

If anybody thinks they're going to get Watson without making a deal that hurts, they need to rethink it.

A deal that hurts wouldn’t necessarily include Burns. Burns is the most important player on the team, we are not giving him up. We have plenty of other pieces we could involve in a trade that could get us Watson.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The framework John McClain mentioned included two defensive starters.

I seriously doubt they can be talked into seeing the immense value of Shaq Thompson.

Then Watson imo is not tradeable. That’s a massive deal with a ton of incentives.

The Jets for example probably aren’t giving up Darnold, #2, multiple other first and second round picks AND someone like Marcus Maye. 

Their roster is terrible. So if they give up all of their draft assets AND Maye then they basically have Watson with a garbage team and no ability to build. 

Imo the above offer beats anything the 49ers could offer. IDT they want to trade Watson in the division to the Colts and they’d probably rather trade him to the NFC than to the Broncos in the AFC (who could probably match our offer). 

Edited by unicar15