• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mac Jones Draft Stock

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Tannenbaum is an idiot, wouldn't place much stock in what he says.

But so are we.

All predictions at this point are reaches--wild speculation--click bait, but I could ask you, "how many people were predicting any ONE of these things--Burrow to win the Heisman, national championship, and get drafted first overall in early fall 2019?"

In other words, maybe we have the person who gets QB play on our staff. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

To me, the move is to trade back to a desperate team willing to give us a future first rounder to move up for Jones.  Build the OL with the rest of the picks, and save the first you got in a trade in 2021 for Jones for 2022 and use it to move up for a QB.  Imagine we have build the OL and added a TE.  We have 2 firsts in 2022 and can move up--and we should have fewer needs, allowing us to spend more draft capital if needed. If we were sitting at 13, for example, and the 28th pick, and the second rounder--  They could get you into the top 3. Not what we want to hear, but it could be better than wasting a pick this year.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We are so damn desperate for a QB I am even talking myself into Mac at 8.  I know he ain't worth it and he almost certainly will never live up to the pick but we gotta have one.

Don’t do it, something is going to happen we won’t be stuck with ol Mac beer belly Jones.