• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor circulating between a potential Panthers/Niners QB swap... Teddy B for Jimmy G

FeelTheBurns53

The Boston-area sports sites and Pats sites have speculated for a while that Garoppolo may be of interest to the Patriots.  Hoodie liked him enough that he wanted to transition from Brady to him until Kraft got involved and the trade to the 49ers happened.  Apparently McDaniels likes him, too.  But, there is a decent gap between liking him and trading for him.

For us, I don't really see the point.  His contract is similar to TB's in terms of what it costs and its length.  Garoppolo's was more front-loaded in terms of a roster bonus instead of a signing bonus, so that is not a factor.  They are roughly the same age. 

The plan all along was to ride with TB for at least two, maybe three years, preferably with the heir apparent learning in the last year.  Unless they are so unhappy with TB, all you are doing is changing the name on the back of the jersey of the guy who fills that role.

I think Garoppolo has a bigger potential upside, but if he can't stay on the field, that and $2 will buy me a cup of coffee tomorrow morning.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Not sure how credible, but he's a former raider player and a former radio show host. He also has a blue check mark so that's gotta mean something right? 

IMG_5891.jpg

If this is true...WTF is our front office thinking. If we get a extra pick out of the deal maybe but to give up picks to bring in Jimmy is crazy.

Draft a QB this year, start Teddy by week 6 or 8 bench him for the rookie QB if there ready. Release Teddy next offseason then move on. 

7 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

and this

image.png.137ea8928a9bdb5f28749b504ed8bb9e.png

Going so hard after Stafford does not lead me to believe they really like Bridgewater.

Damage control after they basically publicly (not undeservedly IMO) panned Teddy the final weeks of the season and so far throughout the postseason. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I would assume he prefers the cheaper contract with an easy out his next year.

He can cut Jimmy with no dead cap, this is like the Tri Turner for Okung trade. We should have just cut Turner. Okung played about 7 full games in total(for 13.5 million), another reason for Teddy poor play should be noted. His contract is at sportac and only had a 7 million SB, its in the clear. I bet we would be sending picks(2-5) for Jimmy, if this is true.

This QB changing teams could be the biggest stories of the off-season.

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He can cut Jimmy with no dead cap, this is like the Tri Turner for Okung trade. We should have just cut Turner. Okung played about 7 full games in total(for 13.5 million), another reason for Teddy poor play should be noted. His contract is at sportac and only had a 7 million SB, its in the clear. I bet we would be sending picks(2-5) for Jimmy, if this is true.

This QB changing teams could be the biggest stories of the off-season.

Actually we won that trade. When Okung played he was very good and we got out from under Turner's deal.