• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford offer included...

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Thing that pisses me off is...who did they think Teddy was...like now he has leprosy and they tryin to ditch him... just makes me question the fk outta their judgment...and, will they get it right this time.

Well the alternative is to not admit a mistake in judgement and stick with Teddy.  Personally I prefer the approach they are taking by moving on.  Seems reasonable to me.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Thing that pisses me off is...who did they think Teddy was...like now he has leprosy and they tryin to ditch him... just makes me question the fk outta their judgment...and, will they get it right this time.

That’s how it’s works. San Fran did it, Bills did it, Dolphins did it, Chiefs did it...Seahawks before Russell, Patriots are now going through it with Cam....Colts about to do it

There are some years of growing pains and mistakes before these teams compete and also so periods of some stop gap QBs like the teams above did for 2-3 years

Besides the rare couple of exceptions these growing pains are the norm, what teams are you all watching that makes you think the Panthers are so special they don’t have to go through the process and are the only ones making these mistakes?

At least TB was only signed for two years...just think of Wentz, Goff, and other teams that gave massive contracts they need to unload - I’d rather they wait longer and do it right before royally fuging up like that

some of you are seriously unrealistic and melodramatic about the situation and need to just sit the hell back and realize it’ll take time

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Good points.

Fans should be held similarly accountable, their cynicism and lack of support is pitiful. 

Mrs. Stafford and her husband have clearly been paying close attention....wanted no part of the shite show...

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Good points.

Fans should be held similarly accountable, their cynicism and lack of support is pitiful. 

Mrs. Stafford and her husband have clearly been paying close attention....wanted no part of the shite show...

Cynicism and lack of support is a symptom of the affliction of poor organizational decisions, Tepper (keeping Ron and Marty too long, Teddy being given the keys, etc.) and fan-favorite players (Olsen and TD contracts, etc) included. Even ignoring the whole '7 winning seasons in 25 years' thing, much goodwill was burned these past years and the fans don't owe the team anything. The talk has been talked, so now comes the walk to win back that support.

11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

How exactly do you want to "hold fans accountable"?

And the resolution of the trade had nothing to do with anyone's wishes (except those of the Lions).

People are reading far too much into this.

Any offer for a QB trade has to take into account Bridgewater's contract. We couldn't (and shouldn't) carry Bridgewater and whoever we traded to replace him as the starter - take this one, that would be $40m tied up in the QB position. 

For the Lions there was the possibility that we could package Bridgewater in the deal. For others we'd have to move him separately. 

I'd love to know what Bridgewater is thinking about this offseason so far - our FO has clearly mentally moved on from him, if not physically. 

12 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

What this tells me is the front office does not see a franchise quarterback at pick 8 this year If they were willing to give the first pic this year For another stop gap Vet QB. 

Disagree. There are 4 potential franchise QBs this year and it is too early to say any of them will be busts. 
Stafford wouldn’t of been a stopgap. We may have gotten him for 5+ years if we played our cards right. 
I don’t blame them for trying to go after an experienced vet, makes the rebuild go faster then if we had a rookie. 
I don’t think the team thinks anything about the QBs this year yet and we will probably be getting one of those QBs. 

• Poo 1

13 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

What this tells me is the front office does not see a franchise quarterback at pick 8 this year If they were willing to give the first pic this year For another stop gap Vet QB. 

They don’t see one falling to us. I would rather they trade up to 3 or 5

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

... Bridgewater, per Peter Schrager (quoted by Josh Klein)

Person had been speculating on this previously.

So it sounds like the total offer was #8, a later pick (probably third to fifth, I'm guessing from what I've read) and Teddy Bridgewater.

I get that dumping TB contract would help us greatly but most teams have seen our films.  They know TB is limited in what he can do.  Especially with the game on the line.  Why would anyone really want him.  Brady really screwed us by falling in love with a backup QB that play where he was an assistant.

I like the offense but Brady really F'd us.   I cannot see anyone taking TB off our hands without having to give up more.  Kind of like what LAR did with Goff.  They had to give up picks as well as a huge contract.