• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Predicts Watson to be the Panthers starter in 2021

Big Sexy

34 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Watching many here on the huddle and on Twitter draw their own conclusions as to what happened with Cam and the Panthers is hilarious.

So many of you just need to stop. 

Personally I thought they'd hang onto him for 2020 but I have no problems with how the situation played out, nor with how Rhule did or didn't handle it.

There are however many who feel like Cam got done wrong.

The NFL is a big-boy league...

...Deshaun needs to set hurt feelings aside and put on his big-boy pants and get back to work making the Texans into a winner.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't come out of this off-season with either Watson or Wilson, it's time to half-ass it for Howell.

He is going 1st so you better whole-ass it.

Unfortunately even then you can’t guarantee it in the NFL.  Look at Miami two years ago and the Jets last year, tanking is hard, too much parity.

Just another reason teams are usually willing to trade up for a QB.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The number of potential bidders might.

In that scenario though, and even accepting the premise that his value could drop, that wouldn't necessarily mean that the Texans would lower their demands.

Their demands will drop when they come to the realization that Watson is not going to ever play for them again. Its still early in this process. They will need the draft picks they are getting in return to start building for the future. 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Unfortunately even then you can’t guarantee it in the NFL.  Look at Miami two years ago and the Jets last year, tanking is hard, too much parity.

If Sam Howell is our savior, we are in trouble. 

• Beer 2

Better to sit and wait for the furor to calm down. These are nothing but predictions, there's nothing being said by the Houston front office that they want to move him. Let the silly season roll on and see what they want. Whoever buys right now (trades that is) will be guaranteed to be overpaying.

And as to Tepper wanting to buy his guy... I'm still really waiting to see Tepper do something other than look like a wannabe when it comes to making it big in the NFL. As to NFL owners, he's nouveau riche and acting like it.

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

And that's the other problem. If the team at #1 is sold on the guy, you're not gonna be able to trade for him. Just think of the trade haul it would take to get the Jags to even return a phone call on #1 overall.

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

...there's nothing being said by the Houston front office that they want to move him.

And as to Tepper wanting to buy his guy... I'm still really waiting to see Tepper do something other than look like a wannabe when it comes to making it big in the NFL. As to NFL owners, he's nouveau riche and acting like it.

Interesting observations.

Spot on re: Houston front office.

As for Tepper...sure seems like his name is the only one we ever hear as it relates to the Deshaun Watson situation...

...is Tepper the lead man on this deal?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Has anybody touched on the 24 million dollar dead cap hit we would take this year if we dealt CMC?  Can we even field a full roster with that much dead cap?  It would be pushing 50 mil this year with the addition of CMCs dead money.

I have mentioned it a few times in various threads.

14 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Personally I thought they'd hang onto him for 2020 but I have no problems with how the situation played out, nor with how Rhule did or didn't handle it.

There are however many who feel like Cam got done wrong.

The NFL is a big-boy league...

...Deshaun needs to set hurt feelings aside and put on his big-boy pants and get back to work making the Texans into a winner.

Why didn't JJ Watt put his big boy pants on?