• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown, Burns & Chinn

saX man

I wouldn't give up any of those 3 guys. That's the future. I think we can't afford Watson unless Watson plays hardball with the Texans and forces their hand closer to the draft or season. Draft a QB and sit him for a year and build around him for the future. If not, just keep building a young roster and building cap space when you can get the right QB. We are not winning the SB in the next 2 years any way. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, saX man said:

I love the fact that these three are the future of the defense. Each has perennial all-pro potential. YGM could be pretty damn good as well.

Overall, I think any team in the league would be very happy to land any of these guys regardless of scheme.

Now, with this in mind, let’s say we’re talking with Houston, maybe we’ve got 3 1sts, Shaq and a mid rounder on the table. Houston says give me one of those three and it’s a done deal. Who do you give them?

Burns and Chinn just looked so good but I think what many overlook is how quiet of an anchor Brown was and he’s one of those long term plugs that we’d be spoiled with and damn lucky to have.

It sounds like Houston wants 2 defensive young guns so which of the three would you be willing to part with for Watson? This may be the tough decision. I hate to say it but just don’t see us landing him with these three all staying put.

I don’t like the idea of giving up as much capital as it’s going to take but with a gun to my head I would have to think that Burns and Chinn are more valuable than Brown at this time. 

2 hours ago, JARROD said:

Makings of the new Legion of Boom.

we need a real corner to go with them though.

Since we freeing up some cap I hope we invest some money in the secondary.  Shaquill Griffin from Seattle or one of the safeties on the market.   Griffin could be a legit number one corner for us.  Resign rasul, sign Shaquill and draft a safety our secondary looks really good.  I'm not wanting to give up our core guys for Watson. Brown, Chinn, YGM, Shaq and Action Jackson are those core guys on defense.

3 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Since we freeing up some cap I hope we invest some money in the secondary.  Shaquill Griffin from Seattle or one of the safeties on the market.   Griffin could be a legit number one corner for us.  Resign rasul, sign Shaquill and draft a safety our secondary looks really good.  I'm not wanting to give up our core guys for Watson. Brown, Chinn, YGM, Shaq and Action Jackson are those core guys on defense.

I agree with your concept, but there are literally thousands of ways to go--I would not re-sign Douglas--I would re-sign Corn and go with Pride and Jackson, looking to find a CB early.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree with your concept, but there are literally thousands of ways to go--I would not re-sign Douglas--I would re-sign Corn and go with Pride and Jackson, looking to find a CB early.

Skip Corn. Hope that pride improves ya but getting Douglas on another year deal if he isn't picked up elsewhere is not a bad option this year. Especially with Jacksons health. We need 3 CB's in reality judging by last year.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I like pride Jr and I also like Douglas he has size and had some decent games.  Griffin, Pride, Douglas, Jackson, Chinn and a rookie like Richie Grant or Jevon and I like our chances 

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The whole Watson fetish at this point is just stupid. We just simply don't have the team at this point and I'd really hate to go through the whole Cam is carrying the entire team thing again with Watson, which will happen if we trade for him at the price that's being thrown around. He'll be a lot cheaper(trade price wise) next year any who.

CMC ended the “no weapons for Cam” talk. Cam never had an offense as good as this current one.

No, it’ll be like RG3 where we’ll be ridiculed for the decision if he doesn’t live up to his pricetag.

Edited by MechaZain

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Asked this in another thread...

You've got a team that's trading away a young franchise quarterback while also looking to replace a legend in JJ Watt.

Looking at it from their side, do you really believe they're going to say "Sure, Yetur Gross-Matos is fair compensation".

You pulled on my heartstrings.  I'll give them Donte Jackson.