• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "pay any price" for Watson (via Sportsnaut via PFN)

top dawg

2 minutes ago, Ship said:

I think the news about us willing to do anything for Watson is (1) a way of intimidating other teams— think of going all in in poker and (2) showing Watson how much he’s desired here will make him feel good about coming and want to buy in. Players love to say they’re ‘wanted’ and clearly Houston doesn’t respect him and ‘want him’ like we do. 

Miami has a first round qb on the roster.  The Jets do too--both are in position to draft a qb if they want--they do not need Watson to address the QB situation, and he is expensive--cap numbers and picks.  If they think Carolina is writing blank checks, they will back out.  If Watson is not on the table when trades start happening--good---offer the Jets and Dolphins what you were going to offer Houston--

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Miami has a first round qb on the roster.  The Jets do too--both are in position to draft a qb if they want--they do not need Watson to address the QB situation, and he is expensive--cap numbers and picks.  If they think Carolina is writing blank checks, they will back out.  If Watson is not on the table when trades start happening--good---offer the Jets and Dolphins what you were going to offer Houston--

I don't really want to offer anybody the kind of trade packages that people have been talking about offering.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We just got rid of Marty Hurney. Why would we want to continue his practice of letting emotions affect football decisions?

It’s not emotions look up his passing stats broken down beyond just passing yards and touchdown

I mean I could’ve kept going

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

No way the panthers just put this out. You don’t do that when you’re trying to make a deal. 

and deshaun could block this trade. He’s already said he won’t go to a team that mortgages their future to get him because that’ll leave him in the same situation he’s been in on the Texans. I honestly think he’s either going to sit out the season, or go for less than what people think because deshaun WILL have a say in this trade. He has some power.

Let’s say he accepts that trade of Burns/Chinn and 3/4 first round picks. You just hope to rebuild with 2nd-7th round players around him for the next 3/4 years. No doubt we would SUCK epically this upcoming year. 

like I said before this will either go down as the best thing that’s ever happened to this franchise or the absolute worst. If these reports are true, Tepper is putting all his chips on the table and this has the capacity to turn this franchise into the worst run in the entire league or he looks insanely brilliant and Matt and co. coach up non blue chip prospects for half a decade. There doesn’t seem to be any in between here. It’s an insanely risky move.

• Pie 1

Also deshaun might be vying for best qb in the entire league year in and year out with Patrick Mahomes in the not so distant future. That’s why people are so hyped about acquiring him. Watch his games, he is on the precipice of being the best in the league and he’s 25 fuging years old. I get why it’s so tempting.

• Beer 1