Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Child injured by Britt Reid has permanent brain injuries


Recommended Posts

On 3/2/2021 at 12:05 PM, PootieNunu said:

Alcohol is still readily available to pickup at your nearest store and/or restaurant and then go driving about.

I had 2 cousins die to a drunk driver, uncles die from alcoholism, but America has to have there booze ready at a moments notice.

The worst part is he will get a slap on the wrist for his actions. He will still be living the best life while this girl and her parents have to deal with it everyday.

If you want to go deeper its mental health that causes alot of these people to drink excessively. They hate aspects of their life and try to drink their problems away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, panthers1234 said:

If you want to go deeper its mental health that causes alot of these people to drink excessively. They hate aspects of their life and try to drink their problems away.

self medication.  Childhood trauma causes the "mental illness" in many cases.  Take a look at the ACE study.  It explains how domestic crap leads to life long dependencies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep. Toxicology reports are facts, along with his braking speed, skid marks , sight lines etc  and where they were on the road 

the only certain right now, is a child has brain damage   She is the innocent victim 

Yep, and if proper federally approved child-restraint seats had been present and in use as per MO/KS law she may have emerged unscathed....shame the adult in charge chose to transport toddlers in that manner. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

Yep, and if proper federally approved child-restraint seats had been present and in use as per MO/KS law she may have emerged unscathed....shame the adult in charge chose to transport toddlers in that manner. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31243870/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-charged-felony-dwi

Drunk off his ass driving 84 mph and you seek to blame the victims? That is low.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, frankw said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31243870/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-charged-felony-dwi

Drunk off his ass driving 84 mph and you seek to blame the victims? That is low.

Good catch on your part with the news...

Nice try on the cherry-picking.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, ladypanther said:

Still unknown...was he drinking at the KC facility and who else knew?  

This is exactly what I was thinking, it would definitely put the Chiefs organization in the position of assuming risk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He got behind the wheel of a car while he was drunk. People other than him were direly injured by him.

I have no reason to say he shouldn't receive the maximum level of punishment. I really can't even stir up the slightest sympathy for him.

All other extenuating circumstances fall to the wayside when he climbs into the driver's seat that night.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Money buys it's way out of everything. In a perfect world this piece of poo would be beaten until he had a brain injury. Hope he rots in hell. I'm sure he doesn't give a damn about that child one bit. He is too busy caught up living the fast life and enjoying living off daddy's name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, it would definitely put the Chiefs organization in the position of assuming risk. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/where-was-britt-reid-drinking-before-his-dwi-the-chiefs-and-the-nfl-owe-the-public-an-answer-210840236.html

Ariel suffered a traumatic brain injury. Months later she can neither walk nor talk. She is finally out of the hospital, but is fed via a tube.

Not that Reid stated he stopped anywhere for a few drinks, but there are no bars, restaurants or residences between the facility and the onramp anyway. The route would be logical for Reid to take if headed to his home about a half hour away in the Kansas suburbs.

So, if he said he left work and was then allegedly legally drunk at an accident scene less than a mile from the office …

There is almost no chance the Chiefs don’t know already what happened that night. There is overwhelming surveillance and security surrounding NFL facilities, both inside and outside the buildings. Due to COVID restrictions, the NFL itself monitored activity inside each building last year.

Reid also didn’t work alone. The team has had months to interview anyone and everyone who may have been in contact with him before he left the building.

Was he hiding his drinking from everyone?

Or was he drinking out in the open, after a long couple of weeks of preparation for the big game? If so, who else saw it? Who knew about it? Was anyone else drinking? How common was it?

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 6:45 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

Yep, and if proper federally approved child-restraint seats had been present and in use as per MO/KS law she may have emerged unscathed....shame the adult in charge chose to transport toddlers in that manner. 

See.. people will see this as "Blaming the Victim"... but this is a angle that Lawyers will pursue in a case. It is not what is right or wrong, but what you can prove. Devils Advocate is a favorite spin. Why wasn't the car properly working? If they ran out of gas long enough that flashers were killing the battery, where was Highway Patrol? Flashers alone would not kill the battery on a vehicle unless it was not properly working. There is many many different angles any defense lawyer could take on this case. 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

See.. people will see this as "Blaming the Victim"... but this is a angle that Lawyers will pursue in a case. It is not what is right or wrong, but what you can prove. Devils Advocate is a favorite spin. Why wasn't the car properly working? If they ran out of gas long enough that flashers were killing the battery, where was Highway Patrol? Flashers alone would not kill the battery on a vehicle unless it was not properly working. There is many many different angles any defense lawyer could take on this case. 

That is what they are paid to do and that is our system of justice--and it is good for the most part.  When you drink and drive, every other minor infraction becomes more vulnerable-jaywalkers, for example, are more vulnerable. 

I had a guy on his phone walk right out in front of my car as I approached campus at UNC--he never looked up--middle of the street--I was traveling 45 or so, and it might have been a 35 zone.  Had I hit him, his lawyer would have argued that I was speeding, and it caused the accident.  I would have argued that he was jaywalking and walked out into a street designed to transport cars, and the speed had nothing to do with the fact that he entered my path while distracted.  Had I been drinking, however, it changes everything.  You cant say I was speeding and drunk and he used poor judgement. 

 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

That is what they are paid to do and that is our system of justice--and it is good for the most part.  When you drink and drive, every other minor infraction becomes more vulnerable-jaywalkers, for example, are more vulnerable. 

I had a guy on his phone walk right out in front of my car as I approached campus at UNC--he never looked up--middle of the street--I was traveling 45 or so, and it might have been a 35 zone.  Had I hit him, his lawyer would have argued that I was speeding, and it caused the accident.  I would have argued that he was jaywalking and walked out into a street designed to transport cars, and the speed had nothing to do with the fact that he entered my path while distracted.  Had I been drinking, however, it changes everything.  You cant say I was speeding and drunk and he used poor judgement. 

 

I agree. I have seen some awful outcomes of things people have done because of a good lawyer or good ol boy system. I know a biker in my town who got rear ended by a elderly woman, she hit him hard too... He was injured also. It went to court... lawyer found a loop hole that his bikes aftermarket tail lights were not "factory" size ( Too small) and that was why she couldn't see him braking... it was some bullshit...

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...