• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Moton tag mean for Curtis Samuel?

micnificent28

4 hours ago, PandaMan said:

I would be floored if we re-signed Samuel.  I’d love to keep him, but WR depth with Moore and Anderson just isn’t that important compared to what he’ll probably demand against the cap.  We need a TE, LT, QB, and depth at numerous other spots.  

And we may have an effective slot on the roster or there could be one on day 3 of the draft. With the reduced cap, it is not a good year to be Samuel.  I think he goes into the market and returns to accept a contract in the lower numbers---maybe some crackhead GM will throw the checkbook at him, but I doubt it.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

maybe some crackhead GM will throw the checkbook at him, but I doubt it.

Someone will see him as a potential #1 because we tend to see what we want to see. I could see the Bears or Eagles jumping on him. Maybe the Dolphins.

Edited by Pup McBarky
  • Pie 1

Curtis Samuel is gone sadly. 

we only have like 16 mill cap space post franchise tag moton 

We got to sign our draft picks ... 

we have like 8 mill to spend on a free agents ... 

it’s going to take Samuel 13 to resign with us ...

my guess he goes to Jacksonville 

• Pie 1

Upside to Samuel leaving is more volume for DJ Moore who would be better with those short passes, reverses, and even a few carries (he's simply better after the catch). Might be the best thing overall despite my want to keep Curt since everyone on Twitter with a team need at WR seems to want him. They even want him here in Boston. 

I'd love to keep Samuel with plans to let Robby go after next year but WR talent enters the draft every year and it might be smart to start planning for a DJ extension next year if he makes the expected jump he's primed for with more targets. 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:55 AM, BurnNChinn said:

I think he will get 9-10 mil a year and we won’t pay that because we have DJ Moore and Anderson. If he don’t come back for cheap we can find someone in draft or FA for cheap. We have to fill other holes, we is not one right now when we consider him WR3

I agree with this.  There are some much cheaper rookies waiting to be drafted--that will play hard for a fraction of what Samuel will charge.  We'd like to have him back, but it aint happening.

@kungfoodude remember when I suggested/strongly supported signing Samuel at the years start for 3 years 21 mill and many call me crazy... Even in a unseeen down year, he could get vast more. Theres plenty of FAs WRS and Draft is loaded as well, that could give the panthers a tiny shot for resigning him. This will come down to if a team really just wants Samuel and not "fill a need". 

Everyone talking about a loaded draft at wr what assets and picks do we have to invest in a number 3 wr? Presuming we trade up for a qb is all but certain are we asking a 5th-6th rounders to be curtis? Not to mention the holes still needed to filled on defense at safety, Dt, tackle and corner... like I don't see us having the capital to draft a decent wr even in a deep class.