Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Russell Wilson to Carolina?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

For the 8th pick or 3 first, more picks and 2 starters?

For a guy who wants top pay and personel control, I'm a no on both honestly. Just draft one.

Both of those starters had negative trade value given their contracts. 

The Bears 1st rounder is 20th overall. That doesn’t help Seattle at all. They don’t have a 1st of their own until 2023.

Taking a QB at 8 means we probably end up with Lance. I can get behind drafting Lance but you need to remember what that means in terms of being competitive in the near future. Lance is going to sit his 1st year most likely. Then year 2 he’ll be a rookie. Year 3 if all pans out and Lance isn’t a bust we may be competitive. 

If you draft Lance, you cannot afford to have him be a bust. That literally sets us back 4 years minimum because you’re most likely going to give him 2 years of playing time to make your decision to move on.

I’m honestly surprised so many people are against trading for Wilson. If we could trade for Zach Wilson then my stance would change but I don’t think the Jets trade out. Fields like Lance, may also need a year to sit and learn...

This is a HUGE decision, one that will make or break Rhule’s time here. 

 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Both of those starters had negative trade value given their contracts. 

The Bears 1st rounder is 20th overall. That doesn’t help Seattle at all. They don’t have a 1st of their own until 2023.

Taking a QB at 8 means we probably end up with Lance. I can get behind drafting Lance but you need to remember what that means in terms of being competitive in the near future. Lance is going to sit his 1st year most likely. Then year 2 he’ll be a rookie. Year 3 if all pans out and Lance isn’t a bust we may be competitive. 

If you draft Lance, you cannot afford to have him be a bust. That literally sets us back 4 years minimum because you’re most likely going to give him 2 years of playing time to make your decision to move on.

I’m honestly surprised so many people are against trading for Wilson. If we could trade for Zach Wilson then my stance would change but I don’t think the Jets trade out. Fields like Lance, may also need a year to sit and learn...

This is a HUGE decision, one that will make or break Rhule’s time here. 

 

I'm fine with Lance and if he bust it sets us back 1 year if he sucks that bad and we pick top 10 again. If he sucks and we keep him because 'we drafted a qb and can't be wrong' then Lance wouldn't be the biggest mistake in the room. If he has a rookie year with room to grow then that's fine. We are not winning anything that matters at this point. Getting to the playoffs is just the first step not the goal of all of this. Just play the rookie picked, take his hard knocks and see if we got the right guy. With a staff that can legit coach, I'm cool with this approach with a good rookie (hell no to Jones).

Wilson is very expense to get, very expense to play, is not in his mid 20s and wants personnel control/input. Hell no.

You are dead on, its a huge point for Tepper, Rhule and Fritters.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JJman Returns said:

I don’t know how anyone could be against trading for Wilson assuming the price is right. 

 

1 hour ago, JJman Returns said:

I lost a few IQ points reading this. Are you 14? 

First off, I’m surprised you can read.

Secondly, he is a me-first, “I know more than the coaches and should have input on personnel decisions,” faux-cool, Carlton Banks level swag card holder that is over the hill, who’s luck has almost run out.
 

He knows it as much as anyone, and the last lob he’s thrown up in this situation is to basically criticize the organization that has been overly loyal to him over the years and stab them and his own teammates in the back.

He gets an F in personality and has shown over the years that he can’t will his way to victory without a good defense.

I was a Wilson fan until he stabbed the Wolfpack in the back. Then he just ground my nerves with the crap he got away with over the years, and the last couple months are just the cherry on top. 
 

He’s a disease.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JJman Returns said:

I don’t know how anyone could be against trading for Wilson assuming the price is right. 

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. I'd take Watson or Wilson in a heartbeat. I'd take any elite QB in a heartbeat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

Wilson has never been hurt or missed a game. Watson has.

I don’t want Watson for the price either. Especially not after the allegations. Even if he’s innocent he’ll bring bad press. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One or two analysts have suggested this might be a good indicator of whether or not the Seahawks are willing to let Wilson have more input on their roster.

If I recall correctly, Wilson also advocated the signing of Josh Gordon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wilson isn't going anywhere. This is schefter simping for ratings. Chicago was told no bc those first round picks would turn to late round and that makes sense. Wilson was excited they resigned carson. Both watson and wilson will be under center in august bank on it. Then the media will start shoving kaepernick down our throats again come training camp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2021 at 12:47 PM, Bronn said:

 

First off, I’m surprised you can read.

Secondly, he is a me-first, “I know more than the coaches and should have input on personnel decisions,” faux-cool, Carlton Banks level swag card holder that is over the hill, who’s luck has almost run out.
 

He knows it as much as anyone, and the last lob he’s thrown up in this situation is to basically criticize the organization that has been overly loyal to him over the years and stab them and his own teammates in the back.

He gets an F in personality and has shown over the years that he can’t will his way to victory without a good defense.

I was a Wilson fan until he stabbed the Wolfpack in the back. Then he just ground my nerves with the crap he got away with over the years, and the last couple months are just the cherry on top. 
 

He’s a disease.

 

I can't stand Wilson either, but he stabbed the Wolfpack in the back? Those idiots tried to flex on him and force him to quit baseball.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...