• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Jets' 2nd pick is open for business...?

TheCasillas

Corey Davis said he signed with the Jets understanding Sam Darnold would return as the team's starter. 

"Obviously, I'm coming with my understanding that Sam is the guy," Davis told reporters. "That doesn't scare me away at all. I've seen Sam do great things and I have all the belief in him. Whatever direction they decide to go, it's on me to make sure that I'm ready." It's quite the nugget from Davis, though it doesn't mean we now know what the team will do with the No. 2 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Jets general manager Joe Douglas has said he would answer calls about trading Darnold this offseason. Darnold returning as the Jets' starter would likely mean New York would trade away their first rounder for something resembling a king's ransom, throwing the entire draft into utter chaos. 

I'd be curious what the asking price is, and if it is worth it.... Those who are in love with Z. Wilson... this would be our chance....

• Beer 1

I am not reading it that way from his comments. 

It's more of a "It is what it is" kind of vibe. Like as of now, Darnold is the starter but whatever they do he'll be ready to catch passes from the QB, whoever that may be. 

I say this as one of the people pounding the drum to trade up for Wilson. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I am not reading it that way from his comments. 

It's more of a "It is what it is" kind of vibe. Like as of now, Darnold is the starter but whatever they do he'll be ready to catch passes from the QB, whoever that may be. 

I say this as one of the people pounding the drum to trade up for Wilson. 

I'll grant it's possible they could be testing the waters to see what kind of offers they get.

our 2022 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick, 2023 3rd round pick plus something as that still doesn't meet the basic valuation point total.   10 points shy.  Jets probably would be looking for overpayment as well rather than barebones. 

Cost is way too high for someone like Wilson.  I'm just not a fan.  Doesn't have the resume for such a price. 

• Pie 7
  • Flames 2