• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your "so far" take on Fitterer

Mr. Scot

Let's be clear: There is nowhere near enough information available yet to know how good (or bad) Scott Fitterer is going to be as Panthers GM. I think most or all of us should understand that.

But I am wondering, given what we've seen of free agency and everything so far, what people's feelings are at this point.

Encouraged? Excited? Disappointed? Uncertain? Confused? Confounded? Thank God it's not Marty? Something else?

Where ya at?

Edited by Mr. Scot

I'm still at Meh. 

What I'm seeing hasn't been big names and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I am seeing us bring in some folks that have some promise and a lot of potential but I realize that doesn't always pan out, especially when they've had injuries.

The pick ups are showing me that there's some serious research being done, hopefully with an eye toward specific needs of Rhule, but we won't see how good it is until the season gets going.

What I do strongly like is that we haven't seen Fitterer go out there and feel it is necessary to go big game hunting to make his mark here and mark his territory. At least unless he goes crazy and offers everything to Houston for a QB who may not be allowed to play this coming season.

The draft is going to tell us a lot about his priorities, style and ideas of what values are. If he could be as good as Hurney with the first rounders, and then be steady for the rest of the rounds, he'll be a winner.

• Pie 1

A little confused, but mostly in the TGINM camp.

I believe that Tepper is fed up with "building" a winner, and wants us to go about "buying" a winner a bit...but it could work out...or it could fail miserably.

I really hope that he and Rhule can exist in the upside down power dynamic, but he's been a part of that style for a long time now.

Optimistic.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm still at Meh. 

What I'm seeing hasn't been big names and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I am seeing us bring in some folks that have some promise and a lot of potential but I realize that doesn't always pan out, especially when they've had injuries.

The pick ups are showing me that there's some serious research being done, hopefully with an eye toward specific needs of Rhule, but we won't see how good it is until the season gets going.

What I do strongly like is that we haven't seen Fitterer go out there and feel it is necessary to go big game hunting to make his mark here and mark his territory. At least unless he goes crazy and offers everything to Houston for a QB who may not be allowed to play this coming season.

The draft is going to tell us a lot about his priorities, style and ideas of what values are. If he could be as good as Hurney with the first rounders, and then be steady for the rest of the rounds, he'll be a winner.

I mean...we did go after Stafford and offered up a current year top 10 pick while doing so.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I mean...we did go after Stafford and offered up a current year top 10 pick while doing so.

Yeah, and I'd still be Meh until I saw how it played out. Stafford is always talked about as a good QB stuck on a bad team, but I think his record points to the distinct possibility that he isn't a good enough QB to make a bad team into a good one. 

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Way too early. Like some move and dislike some moves. He is supposed to be a draft expert so that's what I am really waiting to see how he does. Worried we discount injuries too much now. 

Agreed. Hasn't wowed me or pissed me off this offseason, mostly a bunch of "meh." 

The draft will determine my early impression.

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's be clear: There is nowhere near enough information available yet to know how good (or bad) Scott Fitterer is going to be as Panthers GM. I think most or all of us should understand that.

But I am wondering, given what we've seen of free agency and everything so far, what people's feelings are at this point.

Encouraged? Excited? Disappointed? Uncertain? Confused? Confounded? Thank God it's not Marty? Something else?

Where ya at?

Draft and I can give full credit. At the moment, meh.