• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Profile pic changes says it all

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, kass said:

Come on... having a bad day or what?

Some of these first round QBs will be bust and some other in the second or third round could end up being starter material.

The GM have said, first interview i think, you take a QB every draft.... So a QB in the second or third round would bring some excitement or interesting story to follow this season... And can we get a top prospect at LT. That position might be solved for the future...

So no reason to "give up" and dream about what can happen in 2022.

Sure, some will bust but if our GM's plan is to find another Russ Wilson in the 3rd we're probably already fuged.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure, some will bust but if our GM's plan is to find another Russ Wilson on the 3rd we're probably already fuged.

That was always the case when picking at 8 with this roster. There are a bunch of interesting QB prospects in this class. You try one and then you try another next year if you dont get it right. And we could still trade for Jets or maybe even Falcons pick if we trade the farm, our future and our dignity... not over yet.

• Pie 1

we had a tread-water free agency period which saw us add virtually no meaningful contributors at areas of need and we now have no QB after Watson imploded right in front of us and Lynch jumped us specifically only to rub it in our faces on live television

forget about moving down to stockpile future 1s for Howell, that trick only works if teams want to come up

for a QB

that is no longer there

we are in the suck now boys

Edited by Growl

2 minutes ago, kass said:

That was always the case when picking at 8 with this roster. There are a bunch of interesting QB prospects in this class. You try one and then you try another next year if you dont get it right. And we could still trade for Jets or maybe even Falcons pick if we trade the farm, our future and our dignity... not over yet.

tenor.gif

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Throw in the towel for Howell?

No.

He will break his leg in the first game and then Panthers will go 6-10 and pick at 12 and we take the next Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes... "hear me now, quote me later" 😄

edit: maybe Josh Allen was picked earlier... 7? anyway..

Edited by kass

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy has had six NFL seasons to show what he has. He's a backup QB.

Fug drafting a non-QB at #8. Trade down and get more future draft assets in case we need them to swing a deal.

I think that depends on what is available. An elite LT or CB prospect is worth snagging. If they aren't available, trading down is wise.

Forget QB for a minute.

Our team is flat out BETTER right now than it was last year.  It's not even a question.  A full offseason in front of us.  A coaching staff that now has NFL experience under it's belt.  A returning CMC.

It wouldn't surprise me if we go 7-9 next year even with Teddy.  There is no way we're picking in the top 10.  Rookie QB in 2022?  Forget it.  There's only a couple worth first round picks, and they'll be snapped up long before we pick.

Whether the Jets are sold on Darnold or not is utterly irrelevant.  SF did not trade up to #3 to pick Sewell or Micah Parsons.  Two QB's are off the board already.  If the Jets keep Darnold and trade out, the only reason anyone would go up there is to pick a QB.  Frankly, if we want a rookie QB, that's where we need to be.

A month or so ago people were laughing when I told them I could see four QB's gone by pick 8.  I wouldn't be surprised now if there were four QB's gone by pick FIVE.

• Pie 2

Just now, BrianS said:

Forget QB for a minute.

Our team is flat out BETTER right now than it was last year.  It's not even a question.  A full offseason in front of us.  A coaching staff that now has NFL experience under it's belt.  A returning CMC.

It wouldn't surprise me if we go 7-9 next year even with Teddy.  There is no way we're picking in the top 10.  Rookie QB in 2022?  Forget it.  There's only a couple worth first round picks, and they'll be snapped up long before we pick.

Whether the Jets are sold on Darnold or not is utterly irrelevant.  SF did not trade up to #3 to pick Sewell or Micah Parsons.  Two QB's are off the board already.  If the Jets keep Darnold and trade out, the only reason anyone would go up there is to pick a QB.  Frankly, if we want a rookie QB, that's where we need to be.

A month or so ago people were laughing when I told them I could see four QB's gone by pick 8.  I wouldn't be surprised now if there were four QB's gone by pick FIVE.

Forgive me for not celebrating an improvement to 7-9 with no long-term answer at QB. What you're describing is exactly what I told everyone we were signing up for last year when we signed Teddy - NFL purgatory 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1